The Product Manager is a critical strategic leadership position at Alley. The Product Manager fosters client relationships over a long period of time, working closely with them to develop a clear vision for their web products that aligns with their business goals.
The Product Manager fills the role of Product Owner (PO) on an Alley scrum team and ensures vision translates into actionable work for their team. As a principal client representative at the agency, the Product Manager is responsible, in collaboration with their team, to deliver high quality products that align with the client’s budget, timeline, and goals.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field. Read our DEI pledge to learn more about how Alley values diversity, equity and inclusion.
For information on our hiring process and what it’s like to work at Alley, please check out our FAQ. If you have any questions about our hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve as the Product Owner (PO) for a scrum team, which includes developers, designers, and a Scrum Master
- Collaborate to develop a clear and achievable product vision and articulate it to clients and your team
- Move from strategic to tactical to identify, document, and prioritize team tasks that reflect the product vision, client needs, and business value
- Review the team’s work for quality and provide final sign-off on completeness
- Monitor project budgets and delivery timelines
- Manage business relationships with multiple clients in diverse fields including media and nonprofit organizationsBe the primary client representative for the projects assigned to your team
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients, and participate in the business development process with potential new clients as needed
- Stay abreast of developments and trends on the web to inform new ideas and provide strategic advice to Alley’s clients
- Participate in Alley’s knowledge exchange groups by sharing experiences and insights around product strategy, Scrum@Scale processes, and other relevant topics.
- You are a team-oriented leader who helps colleagues to understand a product vision and the work necessary to bring that vision to life
- You have experience delivering web projects, including new sites, full redesigns, and site features in a role such as a project/product manager, product owner, producer, or strategist
- You effectively balance multiple, simultaneous client projects
- You have experience speaking to stakeholders about web product strategy and technical topics
- You exhibit strong client relationship management abilities
- You work collaboratively and cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, and other technical and non-technical team members
- You are familiar with the Scrum agile product development framework, with having served as a Product Owner being a plus
- You are familiar with a variety of web technologies, with WordPress being a plus
- You ideally have experience in a professional services agency
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression for Product Managers and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to seniority and experience. We are currently searching for a mid-level Product Manager with a salary band starting at $95k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with company matching
- Profit sharing
- Monthly lunch allowance
- Flexible schedules – We do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge.
- Remote-first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.