Onmo is looking for a top class Product Owner/ Project Manager to join our growing product development team.
You will be responsible for the development of an app and website that together, will be the beating heart of the UK’s newest bank. Our new PO enters at an incredible time for the business; we have our FCA license, a fully-functioning app and with funding secured, a compelling and realistic plan of action.
The founding team is in place. But with so many Tetris bricks falling, we need the help of a digitally savvy, nimble and outrageously organised Product Owner to keep us in shape and our plans on track. You will play a crucial role for us by prioritising and defining features on our ambitious roadmap and keeping us ahead of the competition and on top of best practices. The PO will have the opportunity to make a discernible impact for a young, evolving and exciting new brand.
Onmo is on a quest to be the world’s most proactive bank. We improve lives by providing better clarity, intelligence and technology to empower every individual in making the smartest financial decisions. Starting out with a current account and credit card, we are broadening our portfolio and setting the foundations in place for a positive, supportive and thoughtful new bank. We are launching with a fully functional offering and exciting forecasts. Our product is developing with incredible pace; we are now at the point where we must backfill the missing processes and functions that we overlooked in the drive to launch.
This hire is a key one for us. You will operate at the intersection between business, technology and user experience: planning our roadmap, briefing and appraising UX and UI, and being the glue that binds us and the driver keeping us on track. This is a multifaceted role; you will have both an eye for creative innovation and will be business-minded, appreciating the balance between levels of customer satisfaction and commercial value. As the business expands further, your role may morph beyond the app and website, but there is enough to keep you busy for now!
Our product team is based in London and supported by a retained development agency, plus UI and UX specialists. You will be joining as we grow the team and talent base.
- Drive business value of Onmo’s digital products and platforms through technology and continual innovation. Recognise opportunities for improvement and champion the evolution of processes.
- Working with stakeholders, you will be managing the full project lifecycle of our website and digital app. This includes requirements gathering/discovery, scoping, design and development (often juggling multiple priorities or workflows) and continuous optimisation.
- You will be generating ideas and to deliver our plans efficiently and effectively. From this, you will measure performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and feed this back into our roadmap.
Work with senior stakeholders to determine business benefit, requirements and design.
- Respond to and manage change requests from stakeholders across the business.
- Manage relationships with our various technology suppliers, group companies and partners.
- Document systems & processes for managing digital product and services.
- Inspire the team with what’s happening ‘beyond our walls’ and always push for us to lead by example
- At least five years of experience in Online / eCommerce Product Ownership / or Project Management.
- SaaS experience highly desirable
- This visible role requires a flexible approach and the ability to manage day-to-day processes, also taking a lead on new projects and technologies.
- You are familiar with and enjoy agile methods and tools such as user journey maps, personas, business model canvas, and design thinking.
- You will be energetic and entrepreneurial with a real passion for online technologies, innovation and user experience. When problems arise, you seek to solve them with a positive attitude and the will to make things better.
- You will be someone who can manage senior stakeholders’ expectations, dive into detail with development team, communicate clearly and have an attitude to get things done.
- Experience with running discovery workshops, capturing and documenting requirements from diverse and remote stakeholders.
- An understanding of content management systems (ideally Strapi)
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and waterfall methodologies, knowing how to apply the appropriate approaches to each workstream or challenge.
- In-depth knowledge of using and maintaining Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence and ServiceDesk, and road-mapping tools such as Shipit.
- Adept at project and resource planning, organised under time constraints, and the ability to stay calm and adapt when things change unexpectedly
- Experience with web development and a deep understanding of the application development and release process.
- Experience of Figma would be advantageous
- A high-level understanding of QA functions, and the ability to drive or challenge QA providers to deliver comprehensive coverage.
- An ability to write UAT testcases would be highly beneficial.
- Commercially minded, able to create simple business cases
A little about you
You are curious by nature and like to delve into technical details and processes to understand and efficiently solve the problems and challenges our customers and stakeholders face.
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to relay often complex technical information clearly, tactfully and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
Self-motivated, can be relied upon to follow up questions and outstanding actions, and to drive projects to completion according to requirements and schedules.
Educated to degree level or possess relevant industry experience.
What’s in it for you?
Be part of something! This is a rare opportunity to join a consumer-driven business in its infancy, bringing to market a suite of exciting new products. As our funding is secure, this is the best of start-up environments.
We have overcome huge hurdles, gaining an FCA lending license and creating a fully-plumbed, working app; our brand and product has been developed with partners Pentagram and Work &Co. We now need experts like you to help us shift into the next stage of our growth. With this in mind, your role will be pivotal to us; you to make a demonstrable impact in the development of meaningful, creative and complex features.
Be part of a small, motivated and specialised team who look out for one another and with a giant shared ambition, enjoy a collegiate spirit
You will enjoy access to the entire business, gaining a wealth of experience from colleagues with a raft of skillsets and start-up experience