Onmo is looking for a talented, inspiring and creative UX expert to join our growing product development team
Onmo is on a quest to be the world’s most proactive bank. We improve lives by providing better clarity, intelligence and technology to empower every individual in making the smartest financial decisions.
The founding team is in place. And we are launching with a fully functional app. Starting out with a current account and credit card, we will be broadening our portfolio soon with the foundations in place for a positive, supportive and thoughtful new bank.
Our product is developing with incredible pace; we are already at the point where we must enhance features, improve the experience and focus on creative crafting that we sidestepped in the drive to launch our app and MVP website. Put simply, we have been focusing on function over form. So, it’s time to take a step back, improve what we have created and realise our plan to create world-class, intuitive and beautiful products that are a joy to use.
This is where you come in. You will be responsible for the user experience within our app and website that together, will be the beating heart of the UK’s newest bank. With the support of developers and the wider team, you will be keep us on track to realise our vision for creating customer-led, intuitive and personalised experiences. You will inspire us with best practices, challenge our thinking and help us create products that defy the norm. Our new UX Designer enters at an incredible time for the business; we have our FCA license (which is a huge achievement) and with funding secured, a compelling and realistically ambitious plan ahead.
This is an opportunity to make a discernible impact for a young, evolving and exciting new brand. Working with colleagues and external agencies, you will brief, develop and appraise the creative articulation of our brand into our interface.
This hire is a key one for us, alongside a UI specialist. As the business expands further, your role may morph beyond the app and website, but there is enough to keep you busy for now!
Our product team is based in London and supported by a retained development agency, strategic/creative expertise, and UI specialists. You will be joining as we grow the team and talent base.
- Oversight of the customer experience across our app and website, with a view to realising our vision and providing unmatched and individualised experiences.
- You will conceive, brief, and appraise user journeys. Collaborating with other specialists and external agencies, we need you to lead the charge on evolving solutions into usable, detailed, and implementable delivery specifications and prototypes.
- The delivery of world-class UX, look/feel, prototypes, interaction designs, user interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, and screen flows. Creating and maintaining user requirements and scenarios, empathy maps, user flows, wireframes, and other collateral to communicate these solutions.
- Understand and mobilise available insights and data points such as market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and previous usability findings.
- Drive utilisation and improve experiences through technology and continual innovation. Recognise opportunities for improvement and champion the evolution of processes.
- Taking accountability for resolving UX issues by proposing iterative improvements and advocating for UX priorities in discovery and delivery planning.
- Working with Product Owners, drive a fully operational development Backlog and prioritisation system, considering the balance between customer and commercial value.
- Driving consensus and alignment on UX direction, imbuing usability and concept testing best-practice in your approach and feeding this back into the wider business. This will include the facilitation of workshops.
- Monitoring and understanding the impact of your work, including follow-up research and analysis. Lead iterative and repeatable customer interviews/feedback loops (not in place yet)
- Develop and deliver inspiring and intuitive data visualisations (with design input from UI and data strategy)
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape, our product suite, our customers, our value proposition and market challenges.
- Stay up-to-date on best practice and be the champion of these, feeding into the development and creative process. This insight will help us identify opportunities and threats and drive tactical responses. Stimulate and inspire the team, helping us to stay ahead of the pack with insights from the wider world.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience designing outcome-oriented experiences for complex, interactive, customer-facing products; ideally in similar/complementary sectors
- A deep understanding of human-centred journey/XP principles and continuous discovery processes. Comfortable introducing and leading these practices on new teams.
- End to end UX skills, including look/feel, prototypes, interaction designs, user interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, architecture maps and screen flows
- Excellent communicator, organiser and note-taker, with great presentation skills: able to communicate persuasively across different audiences and all levels
- SaaS experience highly desirable
- Experience wireframing and working in Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar tools. (We use Figma.)
- Adobe CS
- Deep understanding of UX trends and developments, as well as responsive web design and designing for mobile
- Broad understanding of modern technologies available to power customer-facing products. Keeps up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
- Working understanding of core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and Mobile App: their technological limitations and opportunities
- Experience of developing UX for data-driven applications including data tables and visualisation
- You take the initiative: you possess the ability to see opportunities for improvement, to maintain momentum and demonstrate world-class creative thinking. But you are also pragmatic; when problems arise, you seek to solve them with a positive attitude and the will to make things better.
- You will be someone who can manage senior stakeholders’ expectations, dive into detail with development team, communicate clearly and have an attitude to get things done.
- Experience of working as part of a SCRUM team, with a strong drive to collaborate and take on feedback/other perspectives
- Relevant industry experience
A little about you
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain and present concepts or experiences clearly, tactfully and concisely to what may not always be a creatively experienced audience – in person and in writing.
- Self-motivated, can be relied upon to follow up questions and outstanding actions, and to drive projects to completion according to requirements and schedules.
- You are able to see opportunities to explore new approaches and are not scared by the unpaved road ahead. Onmo is a start-up environment and we need help to create the culture, processes and standards which drive our future behaviour.
- Excited by world-class customer XP and fresh thinking; able to translate ideas into practical concepts and clear briefs
- Eye for detail is important, especially considering we are dealing in the world of money – the most critical aspect of people’s lives
What’s in it for you?
Be part of something! This is a rare opportunity to join a consumer-driven business in its infancy, bringing to market a suite of exciting new products. As our funding is secure, this is the best of start-up environments.
We have overcome huge hurdles, gaining a lending licence and creating a fully-plumbed, working app; our brand and product has been developed with partners Pentagram and Work & Co. We now need experts like you to help us shift into the next stage of our growth. With this in mind, your role will be pivotal to us; you to make a demonstrable impact in the development of meaningful, creative and complex features.
Be part of a small, motivated and specialised team who look out for one another and with a giant shared ambition, enjoy a collegiate spirit
You will enjoy access to the entire business, gaining a wealth of experience from colleagues with a raft of skillsets and start-up experience