Onmo is looking for a talented, inspiring and creative UI expert to join our growing product development team.
Onmo is on a quest to be the world’s most proactive bank. We improve lives by providing better clarity, intelligence and technology to empower every individual in making the smartest financial decisions.
The founding team is in place. And we are launching with a fully functional app. Starting out with a current account and credit card, we will be broadening our portfolio soon with the foundations in place for a positive, supportive and thoughtful new bank.
Our product is developing with incredible pace; we are already at the point where we must enhance features, improve the experience and focus on creative crafting that we sidestepped in the drive to launch our app and MVP website. Put simply, we have been focussing on function over form. So, it’s time to take a step back, improve what we have created and realise our plan to create world-class, intuitive and beautiful products that are a joy to use.
This is where you come in. You will be responsible for the visual interface and aesthetic appeal of our app and website that together, will be the beating heart of the UK’s newest bank. Our new UI Designer enters at an incredible time for the business; we have our FCA licence (which is a huge achievement) and with funding secured, a compelling and realistically ambitious plan ahead.
This is an opportunity to make a discernible impact for a young, evolving and exciting new brand. Working with colleagues and external agencies, you will brief, develop and appraise the creative articulation of our brand into our interface.
This hire is a key one for us. As the business expands further, your role may morph beyond the app and website, but there is enough to keep you busy for now!
Our product team is based in London and supported by a retained development agency, strategic/creative expertise, and UX specialists. You will be joining as we grow the team and talent base.
- Oversight of the design and user interface, with a view to realising our vision and providing unmatched and individualised experiences. You are developing our ‘shopfront’; the most physical manifestation of our evolving brand guidelines.
- Working with UX, drive utilisation of Onmo’s digital products and platforms through technology and continual innovation. Recognise opportunities for improvement and champion the evolution of processes.
- Working with stakeholders, you will help us shape our plans with an appreciation of the fine balance between user value and commercial benefits, to make the most impacting decisions. Working with Product Owners, drive a fully operational Design Backlog and prioritisation system.
- You will lead and work closely and collaboratively with product managers and the product development team, facilitating design and brainstorming workshops. Equally, you will work closely with and appreciate developers and their input
- Work with and build on Figma, own the delivery and management of a living, breathing design
- Create and maintain a Figma Design System to manage the Web and App interface’s atomic components.
- Supported by UX, understand and mobilise available insights and data points such as market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and previous usability findings.
- Interpret usability and concept testing best-practice to feed into the business and product development
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape, our product suite, our customers, our value proposition and market challenges. From a creative/UI perspective, stay up to date on best practice and be the champion of these, feeding into the development and creative process. This insight will help us identify opportunities and threats and drive tactical responses.
- Lead digital style guide and support for data visualisation design, UXUI standards, personas, use cases and key workflows
- You will lead by example, with a real passion for innovation and user experience. As such, you will be able to stimulate and inspire the team, helping us to stay ahead of the pack in terms of features, execution and creative development.
- At least five years of experience in UI Design, ideally in similar/complementary sectors and with relevant experience.
- Evidence of slick design and smart, creative thinking
- End to end UXUI skills, including look/feel, prototypes, interaction designs, user interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, architecture maps and screen flows
- Excellent presentation skills, able to communicate persuasively across different audiences and all levels
- SaaS experience highly desirable
- Proficient in Figma
- Adobe CS
- Understanding of core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and Mobile App: their technological limitations and opportunities
- Deep understanding of UXUI design trends and developments, as well as responsive web design and designing for mobile
- Able to conceptualise and storyboard, articulate, design and prototype
- Experience in Accessibility: we need to produce practical designs that adhere to accessibility best practices and will look to you for expertise.
- You take the initiative: you possess the ability to see opportunities for improvement, to maintain momentum and demonstrate world-class creative thinking
- But you are also pragmatic; when problems arise, you seek to solve them with a positive attitude and the will to make things better.
- You will be someone who can manage senior stakeholders’ expectations, dive into detail with development team, communicate clearly and have an attitude to get things done.
- Motion Design (not a prerequisite)
- Experience of working as part of a SCRUM team, with a strong drive to collaborate and take on feedback/other perspectives
A little about you
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain and present creative concepts or experiences clearly, tactfully and concisely to what may not always be a creatively experienced audience – in person and in writing.
- Self-motivated, can be relied upon to follow up questions and outstanding actions, and to drive projects to completion according to requirements and schedules.
- You are able to see opportunities to explore new approaches and are not scared by the unpaved road ahead. Onmo is a start-up environment, and we need help to create the culture, processes and standards which drive our future behaviour.
- Excited by world-class creative and fresh thinking; able to translate ideas into practical concepts and clear briefs
- Eye for detail is important, especially considering we are dealing in the world of money – the most critical aspect of people’s lives
- Relevant industry experience
What’s in it for you?
Be part of something! This is a rare opportunity to join a consumer-driven business in its infancy, bringing to market a suite of exciting new products. As our funding is secure, this is the best of start-up environments.
We have overcome huge hurdles, gaining a lending licence and creating a fully plumbed, working app; our brand and product has been developed with partners Pentagram and Work & Co. We now need experts like you to help us shift into the next stage of our growth. With this in mind, your role will be pivotal to us; you to make a demonstrable impact in the development of meaningful, creative and complex features.
Be part of a small, motivated and specialised team who look out for one another and with a giant shared ambition, enjoy a collegiate spirit
You will enjoy access to the entire business, gaining a wealth of experience from colleagues with a raft of skillsets and start-up experience