Mendeley is disrupting scientific communication, changing the way research is done, and in the process has become one of the brightest companies on the European tech scene, with plenty of awards and lots of official recognition. In April 2013, Mendeley was acquired by leading scientific, technical and medical publisher Elsevier. We are a mission led organisation with a strong commitment to providing the best tools to help researchers and scientists do their work. We’ve built a global research collaboration platform and open research database. We develop solutions across platforms with an emphasis on utilising Big Data. We are forging partnerships with some of the key players in the STM space, and we have massive potential for further growth.
We need you to help executing on our product roadmap and coordinating it’s delivery. You will also inspire,coach and manage the Product team, lead by example, and collaborate with the product development teams in order to deliver a valuable product to our users and the business.
This is a demanding role with huge potential to make an impact in the world of academic research and publishing. With a confident and experienced approach, you will work with the development teams, data scientists and management to build on current success and improve Mendeley for millions of researchers.
- Help design a product that delights our users and changes the world of academic research
- Map strategy and KPI’s down to product features and use cases
- Flesh out product features in detail and help coordinate their implementation
- Lead, coach, and drive coordination across the product team
- Collaborating with the development and analytic teams
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the community and analytics teams to drive a coordinated strategy
- Overseeing workflow and progress of the product management team, building skills and supporting their development and projects
- Representing the voice of the user to ensure a balanced prioritization of product and other business needs
- Partnering with the Development Manager to ensure effective Product/Engineering collaboration and a steady, sustainable delivery pace
- Working and consulting with users and customers in person, to discover and prioritize new features and refinements
What you should bring
- Proven solid experience within product management building web applications
- Proven experience as a manager
- A hands on, collaborative, and pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Solid communication and organisation skills
- Proven experience working with analytics tools and teams to enable data-driven approach to prioritization and decision making
What we offer you
- The opportunity and freedom to shape and develop a product used by millions of researchers and scientists at the world’s best universities
- An innovative, challenging, and learning environment
- You’ll be based in Central London office with a roof terrace
- We also offer space for you to add your knowledge, skill and expertise to the team, and the company as a whole, without being rigid or inflexible about the way things need to be done
- Competitive salary
- Benefits: pension scheme, 25 days holidays, staff discounts and season travel tickets, private healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme, free breakfast, Friday Beer O’clocks, annual events, team building activities, etc
If you are interested, send your CV and cover letter to jobs [at] mendeley [dot] com. If you are selected for an interview, we will let you know within two weeks.