Futurehome is an IoT company dedicated to creating simpler, safer, and smarter homes. Our mission is to improve how people experience everyday life by creating an accessible, safe, and smart way of living.
As a Senior Product Designer in Futurehome, you will be part of our Product Software & Service team responsible for creating empowering experiences for our customers. You will work alongside Product Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to build highly usable and delightful products. The Product team is highly collaborative, open, and transparent. We pride ourselves on being available for any feedback and adapting our deliverables to the needs that exist internally and externally while always serving excellence. More importantly, we love working together, creating genuinely transformative products, and consistently having a tangible impact on the life of our customers. Above all, we look for individuals who share our values and see the exceptional potential of the products we are building. Our team is diverse, wired for collaboration, and geographically dispersed.
– Create immersive prototypes that will allow us to conduct meaningful experiments during fast-paced Product Discovery initiatives.
– Promote and foster a transparent, positive, and healthy DesignOps discipline that will promote a cross-functional design practice within the company.
– Take complete ownership of the Design portion of the project you will be involved in.
– Excellent visual and interactions skills. Strong understanding of layout, typography, visual hierarchy, and states.
– Use product requirements, data, research, market and competitive analysis, customer feedback, feasibility constraints, and bring your life experience to create compelling, cohesive user-centered product experiences.
– Operate on a day-to-day basis openly and transparently, sharing your work early and often and proactively seeking feedback from the relevant individuals or groups when necessary.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills enabling you to articulate your concepts, defend your design decisions and drive alignment with a diverse crowd of stakeholders.
– Systems thinker. Strive for consistency and scalability in all design initiatives and artifacts creation. Follow and curate existing patterns and principles, challenge them when not relevant and, if appropriate, build new ones that are cohesive.
– Documentation-first mindset. Prepare detailed handover documentation for all assets built. E.g., proportions, information architecture logic, interaction specifications, etc.
– Establish and maintain Design Systems assets that are feature-rich, well documented, and comprehensive for all teams. Work closely with the engineering team to make sure those assets are feasible and well implemented.
– Create user flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity mockups, and prototypes that will inform the customer experience the Product team is building.
– Deeply value cross-functional collaboration and communication. – Able to work alongside other teams, particularly product management and engineering, and talk in their language. Be a helper, someone people love to work with, consistently positively communicating the value of great design within the whole organization.
– Run research studies and experiments, verifying hypotheses that will impact your work products. Work alongside Product Researchers to establish a constant Product Discovery practice at scale.
– Organize and run Design Sprints and other Design-related workshops.
– Excel at estimating the effort required for the design of our new initiatives based on the specifications shared by the Product team.
– Regularly evaluates existing design processes and tooling and makes recommendations when something can be improved.
– Mentor junior talent.
Nice to have
– Experience with implementing complex, multi-platforms Design systems.
– Experience implementing Figma tokens or similar design frameworks.
– Experience with high-fidelity interactive prototyping using Framer, ProtoPie, Flinto, Origami Studio, or similar tools.
– Experience implementing designs in code for prototyping purposes using HTML/CSS or Xcode, Android Studio, or similar tools.
– Excellent presentation and storytelling abilities.
– Experience transforming complex concepts into bits manageable by a diverse audience of non-technical end-users.
– Experience working in a Scandinavian context.
– Experience working in IoT.
– Flexible working hours
– Technological freedom
– Remote work is possible
– Opportunity to work on breakthrough, international projects
– Opportunities for career advancement and professional development
– Option to participate in multiple learning initiatives, meetups, and internal projects.
– Learning and development budget
– Referral bonus program
As a team of geeks, we use our skills to make a smarter, safer, interconnected planet. We simplify making our homes smart by creating an IoT infrastructure that enables products to work seamlessly together and build services on top. With well-developed solutions working as a centralized system, we help our customers increase the comfort and security of their homes, save time and money as well as preserve the environment.