If you’re interested in this position, please apply here: https://hala.link/job-product-manager-humanitarian-intelligence-apply-linkedin
Hala Systems, Inc. is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world’s toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak over 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research, and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
Hala is seeking an experienced product manager to join a cross-functional team consisting of Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists specialized in solving and developing solutions for the humanitarian intelligence problem space.
The Product Manager will lead the work of the cross-functional team responsible for effectively developing new internet-based solutions that will help improve Hala stakeholders’ situational awareness and enable them to make informed data-driven strategic decisions.
The Product Manager will support us in effectively developing a set of AI algorithms and data collection and data delivery products from inception to completion by understanding clients’ needs, generating product requirements, designing products, and communicating with stakeholders.
This is a local, full-time position open to candidates based in Europe who are willing to relocate to Lisbon, Portugal, with a yearly salary range of 85,000€ – 102,000€. This position is also open as a remote role available to candidates based in the United States willing to work East Coast hours, with a yearly salary range of $100,000 – $120,000.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage Hala’s products throughout their lifecycle, including activities such as: researching opportunity spaces, creating product roadmaps, defining bets and features, and planning product releases.
- Ensure that Hala’s products are aligned with Hala’s mission and strategic goals.
- Work with product stakeholders to develop the strategic direction of Hala’s products.
- Work with the product team to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are adequately defined.
- Lead the Discovery process and develop a deep knowledge of Hala’s product users: their issues, desires, how they think, and how they interact with the products.
- Ensure that Hala’s products operate effectively within the customer’s operating environment.
- Work with stakeholders on feature prioritization and plan how those priorities are organized.
- Work with the engineering and data teams to schedule features and fixes to be delivered for each release and each iteration in the release cycle.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of how all of Hala’s products work from both internal and external perspectives.
- Be able to understand the underlying technologies of Hala’s products and work with the technical architects and Engineering leads.
- Update the product development schedule after each iteration to take into account any delays, changes to features, changes in priorities, and changes in team resources to ensure the product is kept up-to-date on expected release dates.
- Responsible for coordinating, directing, and assigning tasks to the cross-functional delivery team.
- Responsible for ensuring a common understanding of product deliverables with the delivery team.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the market, technological and industry trends related to Hala’s products and R&D business line.
- Look for process inefficiencies and work to streamline them in cooperation with the rest of the team.
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for new products.
- Assist with marketing/commercializing Hala’s products and devising go-to-market strategies.
Who you are:
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse team members across multiple time zones.
- A systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various technology stacks and overall project initiatives.
- Experienced in building new hardware products as well as innovating to expand the impact and reach.
- A highly organized individual who is self-motivated.
- A values-driven, trustworthy, and honest person with a passion for helping people in need.
We’d love to see:
- Several years of experience in managing data collection, analysis, and visualization products.
- Extensive practical experience working directly with data scientists, analysts, and engineering teams.
- Strong user focus and experience delivering high-quality user experiences.
- The ability to strategize effectively to meet deadlines and competing obligations.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and willingness to work with Hala’s specific process.
- Hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience in leading, managing, and developing teams.
- Familiarity with the humanitarian sector business issues.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
What Hala offers you:
- Life-saving social impact.
- Competitive salaries.
- Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff takes a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2-week vacation.
- Comprehensive, worldwide healthcare, dental and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
- Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
- Relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets for eligible positions.
- A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and thriving workplace culture.
- Opportunities for international travel, including program locations and satellite offices.
If there’s something important to you that isn’t on this list, please ask!
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage by May 2022. You should expect a phone screen, followed by several interviews with team members and the supervisor for this role, concluding with the opportunity to speak with both of our co-founders.
You will receive confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us whether you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.