CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can do the delivery. As a marketplace, we’ve helped tens of thousands of people ship everything from pets to cars and boats.
This is a crucial role and is all about owning the design process from beginning to end, leading user-centric prototyping with a clear bias towards action. We are at a critical junction in the growth of our company, and you will play a key role in the buildout of the entire platform as we grow both our systems and platforms and our design teams.
We are a virtual team, and all work remotely. We have team members spanning the globe, though it would be ideal if you have at least 4 hours overlap with US Central Time (GMT -6).
What you’ll do
- Be on the front lines as we uplift our platform as well as our upcoming native apps
- Think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience that delivers high value for organizations and their learners
- Tackle complex puzzles, providing users with intuitive tools and processes
- Create UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
- Collaborate with team members and customers for ideas, insights, and feedback
- Provide and receive feedback gracefully and without ego
- You value thorough research. This includes, but is not limited to, competitor research, user interviews, and usability testing. You understand inspiration can be drawn from the most unlikely places
- Work with tools like Figma, Jira, Product Board, Framer, Miro, and more
Got more experience than listed below? Great. We are open to candidates at all levels. Got less? Be honest, but do emphasize your portfolio and what you are really passionate about.
- You have a heavy bias toward moving fast and getting things done
- At least 3+ years of web app design experience, with particular emphasis on e-commerce.
- At least 2+ years of experience with marketplaces and/or SaaS platforms. If you have the experience you think is similar, please flag it in your cover letter
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, design, and product management teams
Strong ability to craft a clear narrative and paint a vision that communicates and aligns teams
- Strong focus on design/product validation through testable prototypes (Figma, Invision, etc.)
- Very detail-oriented. Please tell us what your favorite movie is and why it isn’t Office Space.
None of the below is required, but if you have it, great. If you have a deep interest, that’s also great! Either way, please flag it in your intro letter.
- Experience with mobile app or backend Admin design
- Experience with payments platforms, e.g., Stripe
- Experience with marketing micro-sites, landing pages, and email template design
- Experience with Miro and Story maps
About the cover letter
We don’t need a fancy intro; skip the cut and paste job. But we do expect a link to your portfolio (dribble, Behance, your own) and a (short) cover letter, or we’ll reject your application.
We will read it and value what you say.