GlobalWebIndex is a technology company headquartered in London that provides audience profiling data across 40 countries to the world’s largest brands, marketing agencies and media organizations. We maintain a global panel of more than 18 million connected consumers which we leverage to create 20,000 data points to profile internet users around the world.
Our industry-leading clients including Twitter, Google, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, WPP, IPG and Omnicom Group can gather in-depth insights into audience behaviors, perceptions and interests through a combination of survey and analytics data using the GlobalWebIndex platform.
Since launching in 2009, GlobalWebIndex has become one of the UK’s fastest-growing data technology companies, renewing 97%+ of our client base and doubling in size and revenue year on year. As we continue to innovate and expand, we are always on the lookout for the best talent to help us re-engineer data-driven marketing for the digital age.
Get in touch to learn more about us, or turn to our careers page to browse our current vacancies!
About the Role
We have outgrown our pure-play ‘start–up’ status and are now in a period of high revenue growth, on track to achieve our vision of becoming the #1 supplier of digital audience data to the global marketing industry.
We think about the position in two ways. Clearly, revenue is important in this. But also,
MAU –we have an opportunity to scale active usage of GlobalWebIndex data to levels never achieved within our competitive set.
The key enabler for this is our platform. Our most direct competitors are not technology
companies (just data vendors), and have no software to speak of. Since we have a best-in-class platform, we control the access to our data and can open it up to a wider group of users that was previously possible.
What our clients say about the platform:
• “By a mile, the most impressive platform we’ve seen” –Google
• “The new PRO Platform rocks!!!” –Cohn & Wolfe
• “I’m truly in love with the new @globalwebindexdashboard” –1000heads
• “@GlobalWebIndex –playing around with your PRO tool right now, it’s blowing my
So far so good.
However, with a packed roadmap and increasingly diverse list of user types, we require an experienced Product Manager to join the team. Overall Responsibilities: Drive agile product development that help ensure GlobalWebIndex product suite remains best in class. Your role will cover all our existing products, with exposure to a wide range of innovation. You will be responsible for delivering excellence to thousands of super engaged customers, and scaling and improving the product to attract thousands more.
We are a global company, with 75% of our development teams working remotely (all in European time zones), which means your communication and organisation skills must be superhuman. You’ll be expected to get your hands dirty on the full spectrum of product management. If you know you are an ace all-rounder with an obsession with striking the balance between done and perfect, then this might be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
First and foremost, understand the users’ needs through usage data, talking to our users and our frontline client teams Help shape the overall product strategy; maintain and distribute the product roadmap
• Gather and prioritise requirements from users, the business and the development
team to form a coherent backlog; ; work to identify dependencies and align on
priorities and against overall product roadmap
• Collaborate with the UX/UI team and the product development team to come up with
solutions that address user needs and add business value; or bring your own solution
to the party
• Clearly define and communicate features to the product development team with
functional specifications and wireframes
• Where appropriate write test cases for, and run, user acceptance testing
• Help to ensure structure, focus and quality in product development
• Effectively, efficiently and continuously communication product decisions and
developments at all stages of the product build process to all stakeholders
• Run product training sessions for new products or features for all relevant users
• Write engaging blog posts for new and newly released features to encourage user
Skills and Experience:
• Track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge and ability to learn quickly
• Adept at communicating with developers, non-technical business partners and senior
• Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution and decision making skills, proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
• Exceptional time management, documentation and organisational skills
• Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Solid demonstrable experience as a product manager
• Passion for optimising processes – both how clients consume data and how we
• Experience in running scrum ceremonies, but with the ability to adapt to what works
best for teams
• Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly growing
Working at GlobalWebIndex
We foster a spirit of openness, collaboration and entrepreneurialism – focused on hiring great people, both in their professional and personal qualities. Here’s what some of our team say about life at GWI…
Elliot Britton, Senior Manager, GWIQ Audience Analytics
“GlobalWebIndex is a fun, fast moving and rapidly growing company that values cross boarder collaboration and entrepreneurialism to build industry leading products for the media and marketing industry and beyond. As a Product Manager, I work closely with the engineering teams, all of whom do amazing, ingenious work using cutting edge technology that rivals major competitors with a fraction of the team size.”
Saul Sylvester, Senior Data Analyst
“I enjoy working within the simultaneously collaborative and independent environment of GlobalWebIndex. A strong work ethic is not just an ingrained quality of its employees but also a by-product of the enthusiasm surrounding the service we provide. The value, and voice, of the individual is appreciated and, with communication between teams actively encouraged, you can keep pace with the great work of each area of the business. On a personal level, I have never worked with colleagues that are as personable, entrepreneurial and generous with their time as those at GlobalWebIndex.”
Marek Fajkus, Software Engineer
“Every good software engineer is looking for great challenges. But not only that. Being able to work with cutting edge open source technologies in environment full of experienced professionals and young talents in fast growing business and yet have significant impact on product itself is what drives me. Here in GWI we know the value of values. We do care about our customers and colleagues as much as about user’s privacy, technology, business and day to day challenges. I have no doubt we are all building something great here.”