We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a member at Teaching.com, you’ll be part of the team behind some of the most important educational games, with titles such as:
- Typing.com: The world’s most popular learn-to-type software, used by millions in every industry.
- Nitro Type: The #1 educational game in the world, played by millions daily.
- Reading.com: The only digital program specifically designed to teach children 4-7 how to read.
What you’ll do: Transform complex functions into a simple, elegant, and beautiful interface.
What we’re looking for: The ideal Senior Designer will…
- Have 5+ years of designing web applications
- Have a strong portfolio of product UI/UX design
- Be proficient in writing performant and accessible HTML/CSS
- Bonus for: Experience and/or passion for designing in the education marketplace
Reasons why you might be excited about this role:
- You’ll be empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule.
- You’ll be given ownership over what you’re creating. Our goal is to provide you the resources you need to grow.
Reasons why you might not be excited about this role:
- We are a small, but powerful team that is growing very fast (we’ve doubled in the last year and expect to do the same in 2022). If you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- COVID changed everything in the education space. Projects and priorities are likely to shift as we respond in real time.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
How to apply?
Email us at email@example.com and include Mind the Product in the subject line.