Mercari is the marketplace app that makes it easy for anyone to buy and sell goods. Originally launched in Japan in 2013, Mercari rapidly achieved success in its home market before expanding to the US in 2014 and to the UK in early 2017. Today the London office is a fast-growing, fun environment that’s home to international talent from all over the globe. We want to meet talented individuals who can help Mercari become the UK’s leading marketplace app and would love to hear from passionate professionals looking for their next career move.
What makes Mercari an exciting place to be:
- Appealing to the UK customer – through our product, design and marketing initiatives we’re focused on getting to know buyers and sellers in the UK to work out what really makes them tick.
- Building a local app – our codebase is currently shared with our Japanese and US counterparts but we’re an independent team that owns the evolution of our app design and architecture.
- Living, breathing and championing a product design culture
- Building and retaining a top product design team, alongside the VP Product
- Clearly demonstrating the value of product design across the organisation
- Leading end to end design across multiple products and projects
- Supporting branding work as a key stakeholder
- Ensuring every release is pixel perfect (and/or knowing when to compromise)
- 5+ years commercial design experience (agency or client)
- Experience in a scaling startup
- Balance of experience across UX and UI
- Native iOS and Android experience
- Have a strong portfolio showing breadth problems and solutions
- Active contributor within the design community
- Experience with brand projects
- Team leadership experience
You are highly motivated professional that can communicate intelligently with your team. You are prepared to overcome difficult challenges and capable of learning from mistakes. We have a fantastic culture with incredible product and development teams that prosper with proactive and independent thinkers who genuinely care about their code and the people who use our product. If you have a strong sense of responsibility for your work and want to feel proud of the work that you’ve produced, then we’d love to speak with you.