Why this Job is Important
Reporting to the Director of Product, Propeller is looking for a solutions-oriented experienced product manager who will lead a cross-functional team to build & integrate platform solutions to support the ease of implementation, expansion, & scalability of valuable solutions across our product suite.
This role requires a long-term thinker with proven success in building reliable and extensible platform solutions supporting products and the customers they provide value to. Additionally, this commercially aligned and product driven product manager will work in partnership with the broader product management and a dedicated engineering team to ruthlessly prioritize and maintain a backlog of platform solutions as well as with our quality and regulatory team to ensure the quality and compliance of solutions. This will require a creative and experimental thinker who can test ideas and build support for new concepts across teams.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Want to work on building meaningful, extensible backend solutions that support future growth and revenue opportunities.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans.
- Data driven & result oriented.
- Have a practical buy vs. build approach, and want to be an important part of 3rd party vetting.
- Love collaborating with engineering stakeholders to develop and manage technical requirements (e.g. APIs and other platform components)
- Understand the importance of security, reliability, and ease of use of solutions to product end-users who depend on the solutions you will create
- A self-starter. Once given a direction, you are prepared to act as a true owner of your functional area.
- Want to be a foundational part of helping to transform digital health.
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of working in a Product or equivalent role
- BA and equivalent experience
- Experience building platform solutions (e.g. 3rd party integrations, building internal automation, and developing and managing and API suite) that support both mobile and web applications.
- Experience delivering measurable solutions that solve real product and customer problems.
- Experience and comfort implementing with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of user-centered design, aligning the product solution with the user need vs. the other way around
What You Will Do
- You’ll use your passion for technology and solving customer problems (both internal and external) to develop and drive a platform product roadmap to develop an exciting offering for internal and customer-facing solutions.
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer (internal & external) working backward strategy, tenets, long-term goals, and working backward documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, and business metrics to inform direction in collaboration with product marketing.
- Drive Product Vision for the Platform – Including all aspects to future platform roadmap, investment, innovation, and experimentation. Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including product & customer goals and product requirements for General Release, ensuring implementation and alignment with product goals and requirements.
- Lead Product Launch – Coordinate the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure fulfillment of customer and business goals in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth, and utilizing data and product analytics to drive operational enhancements.
- Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including collaborating with the technical team to make decisions and tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product, and competitive positioning.
- Work with product marketing, product management, and engineering to identify business and user problems & opportunities leveraging quantitative and qualitative data.
- Build and maintain an objective-based backlog in Jira aligned with business objectives for the area of ownership.
- Clearly communicate business and user problems to stakeholders of varying levels.
- Successfully coordinate & execute design sessions/sprints with stakeholders.
- Ensure proposed designs align with business/patient objectives.
- Coordinate usability testing of solutions prior to launch.
- Write epics and executable users stories.
- Acceptance test projects as they emerge from QA.
- Manage release readiness and/or regulatory paperwork.
- Clearly communicates solutions to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure the success/failure of all initiatives.
What’s In It For You
- Chart your own course for personal and professional growth with many opportunities to bring new ideas, create new capabilities, and stretch beyond your comfort zone.
- Join a talented and collaborative team committed to finding creative solutions that scale. Everything we do starts and ends with how we can help a patient become healthier.
- Work with a creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. Post-COVID, we look forward to the many opportunities to get together that we have enjoyed in previous years, such as summer cookouts for lunch, after work events like board games and hobby nights, and company-wide gatherings for team building! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they’re not at work.