Vanilla is a fast-growing financial and legal technology company that is revolutionizing the way that people approach estate planning. As category leaders, we empower advisors to unlock decades of industry-leading expertise to create an extensive and valuable plan for their clients.
As a fully remote team, we are committed to creating an exceptional product and culture. We believe work is just one part of a happy, healthy life. We don’t speak in startup tropes or have craft beer on tap. We’re a small team of people that are very good at what we do and are happy to be doing it.
We’re currently looking for a Director of Product Marketing who is passionate about customers and building a department from the ground up. You’ll be working with a group of diverse designers, developers, operations managers, and attorneys, all of whom share a passion for building beautifully designed products and making complex processes user friendly.
The Director of Product Marketing will play a pivotal role in Vanilla’s growth by defining and executing the go-to market strategy for Vanilla’s estate planning platform. The position will manage go-to market initiatives and serve as an expert on the market and product in support of technical content development, marketing programs and sales enablement. They will collaborate closely with many teams at Vanilla including product, sales, customer success and support. The position will lead product and feature launches, develop messaging and enablement materials that help attract, retain and grow Vanilla’s customer base. The Director of Product Marketing role will begin as an individual contributor but will be responsible for hiring, training and growing the team as the business scales.
- Drive the creation and execution of GTM strategy and tactics in partnership with product, sales, customer success and services
- Responsible for delivering world class content across presentations, enablement, website, internal and external communications in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning for Vanilla across all customer segments and user personas. Identify insights from customers to inform and refine messaging
- Work with customer success managers and Vanilla customers to get feedback on usage and roadblocks and leverage insights to create assets designed to accelerate adoption and expansion.
- Establish scalable frameworks for managing strategic, cross-functional GTM projects, such as new product launches, new market launches, and new sales motion rollouts
- Understand our customer through research and discovery work, translating their needs to inform and influence our product roadmaps
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers on shaping and externalizing product roadmap and features
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment around product narrative across users, partners, and key stakeholders and build collaborative and efficient work processes
- Ensure unified messaging, consistent branding, and collaboration across all marketing and communication strategies
- Develop and maintain industry and market trends to ensure a clear and differentiated position for Vanilla
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- 8+ years of Product Marketing experience with enterprise SAAS products ideally within the financial services space
- Experience in supporting solution and product launches across all aspects of GTM
- Ability to surface, analyze, interpret and present data to various internal stakeholders including leadership team
- Experience utilizing quantitative and qualitative customer and market research to gain insights and develop strategies to drive growth
- Ability to form relationships with colleagues, prospects and customers through strong interpersonal skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with a high level of drive, accountability, and attention to detail
- A self-starter who thrives in a startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, Smartsheet, Dovetail and business analytics platforms a plus