IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is looking for a Product Owner to join its product team. Node is the core component of the Cardano solution stack. It is the most technical component of the platform, and is supported by an innovative formal methods development approach. The Product Owner for the Cardano node will be responsible for implementing research into the product, and aligning developments with the needs of ada holders and stake pool operators to ensure their success.
As Product Owner you will work with the product scrum teams to clarify requirements, balance business needs with technical requirements, and recommend technical approaches to meet product requirements when needed. You will be excellent at identifying user needs and working with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. As this is a very technical role it would suit an ex Software Engineer/Developer or a Product Owner with blockchain development experience.
- Incorporate feature requests into the product roadmap
- Groom and prioritize the backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Define acceptance criteria
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow progress and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests from end users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
- Work with product managers, delivery team and tech
- leadership towards common goals
- Own the tactical plan to achieve goals defined in product and company strategy.
- Work experience as a Product Owner or a similar role in product management
- A background in distributed computing and strong experience with blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with agile, Jira and GitHub is essential
- BSc in computer science, engineering or a similar field
- At least five years’ product management experience
- Strong experience with agile practices (scrum, kanban)
- Able to read code, build prototypes and drive architectural design decisions with engineering. Strong understanding of developer workflows and tools
- Experience in rolling out SaaS-based solutions
- Self-organizer, rigorous and creative
- An ability to lead technical workshops and hackathons
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in an European timezone.
Remote work – ability to work anywhere
New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
Health Savings Account
Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service