FreeAgent removes the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, our aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting apps, with over 125,000 customers.
Not to blow our own horn … but Accounting Web even named our accounting software the top bookkeeping product of 2020 and 2021! In 2021 FreeAgent was also voted client app of the year by ICB LUCA. The list could go on and on!
It’s not just our customers that love us, our employees do too ⭐
Find out more on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a collaborative, high-performing, and diverse team. We’d love you to join us on our journey.
Make a difference 💫
We’re on a mission to make small businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our accounting app is already used and loved by thousands of accountants and small businesses and this role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a product that makes a real difference to its users and the businesses they run.
We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
As an Agile Project Manager at FreeAgent, you’ll be responsible for supervising and tracking all stages of a range of projects varying in size and complexity, to enable teams to complete assigned tasks within defined timeframes and to deliver strong impactful solutions that meet our customer and business needs.
Working across the business by combining project management practices with agile development methodologies, including planning, stakeholder management, governance and process management, to deliver success by providing the pivotal engagement and coordination point between external stakeholders, product engineering and marketing teams.
You’ll be responsible for driving a high-impact programme of work to deliver our strategic initiatives. The role is not about designing the actual final solutions or features, but rather ensuring that each project progresses and evolves continuously and delivers against agreed project outcomes and milestones.
You’ll spearhead the delivery of key strategic initiatives and report directly to our VP Product, so you’ll be used to accepting accountability and reporting progress. You’ll be comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working with internal colleagues across Sales, Product, Design, Communications, Engineering, Support and Analytics. You will also work closely with counterparts within the wider NatWest Group of which we are an operationally independent part.
An expert collaborator, you will be comfortable negotiating with all of these key stakeholders and teams across multiple functions to gain alignment on the project vision and key deliverables. You will support the teams who are accountable for the work to be delivered and ensure that we are successful in our planning and delivery, adopting a supportive, independent & rigorous approach.
Key areas of responsibility
Planning & Ownership
* Within the remit of each project, this role will be responsible for governance, leadership, benefits tracking, cost management, delivery planning, control risk/issue and dependency management, and quality assurance.
* Working closely with senior stakeholders on planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects.
* Scheduling, consulting and coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver to these projects within the wider programme.
* Monitoring overall progress; anticipating and identifying existing or emerging risks/issues, resolving issues and escalating / initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* Providing overall stakeholder management and programme progress reporting on a regular basis
* Analysing programme risks – producing accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its life cycle including risk management.
* Actively managing and co-ordinating the project plan, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
* Comfortable translating updates to our strategic plans into the programme of projects and ensuring that each are focused on the right priorities
* Challenging and intervening where there is scope creep, budget overrun or plan slippage
* Managing the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and negotiating the trade-offs needed within the programme
* Proactively identifying and removing barriers to success, driving timely but informed decision-making from the CPO and Exec team where necessary.
* Acting as a change agent internally, seeking to ensure we perform together as a high performing team and is a visible and clear leader for the delivery of outcomes and benefits
* Be an advocate of working lean and agile by sharing knowledge and experience, and lead by example
* Promoting pace and energy within the team and lead by example
* Acting as a role model, encourage collaboration, brainstorming and team work within the project and with other teams
* Providing regular constructive feedback and coaching to individuals to support their development within the programmes sphere of influence
* Adapting communication style and work approach to manage stakeholders
You must be an experienced Project Manager who has managed and delivered multiple projects simultaneously preferably within the SaaS sector. You’ll be a natural self-starter, able to manage competing priorities, deadlines and workloads. Exceptional communication and presentation skills are essential as you’ll be a key liaison with senior management, colleagues, partners and customers.
Ideally you’ll have:
* Leadership and capability development of a multi-disciplinary team working across the wider programme.
* An enthusiasm for operating in an Agile environment with an ability to think creatively to generate innovative and different approaches to delivery.
* Experience in programme and project management processes and techniques. Skilled in at least one project/programme management method but not wedded to one approach ( PMI, PRINCE, MSP),
* Experience in the delivery of software or SaaS projects would be a strong advantage.
* Effective and prompt relationship building across functions within FreeAgent and across the wider NatWest Group
Annual salary £42,000 – £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including (but not limited to!) the following:
* 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you’re with us!)
* Flexible/ Hybrid working
* Private health care
* Life assurance
* 5% matched pension contributions
* Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
* Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Wellness webinars
* Focused learning time and learning budgets
* Volunteering day
Our work life 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don’t work long hours, and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ expertly designed for collaboration including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
At FreeAgent, we support each other and operate a no-blame culture. Our mindset is: work hard, be nice to people, and the rest will sort itself out!
This is a permanent, full-time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). We’re flexible about how and where you work. Working from home is second nature to us as we have been championing remote working for 14 years.
How to apply ✍
We hire smart, talented people (like you!) to make FreeAgent even better.
Our application process is simple: upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you want to work with us. Our selection process includes:
* A phone call with a member of our Talent Team
* Two video interviews
We work hard to make the process straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable.
FreeAgent is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status.
Want to find out more? Email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job