At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github – with over 40,000 members on Slack – where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What will you do at Prisma?
As a Product Manager at Prisma, you will work closely with the Product and Marketing Teams on a variety of topics, some of which you will be able to define yourself over time. You will be responsible for:
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of the problems that companies have with regard to application data access and data infrastructure management strategy. This means that you will observe and conduct discovery sessions with users and early customers, run research interviews, and then share your data and insights with the team.
- Building a strategy for your product area and contributing to the overall product strategy.
- Curate opportunities that arise from your research and work through them with your cross-functional team to define and deliver the resulting features. These features will be centered around the following:
- Query engine internals and database communication
- Prisma Schema Language changes to support new capabilities
- Compatibility of the workflows developers use in the ORM with the Prisma Data Platform
- Coordinating with the Engineering, Design, Technical Writing, Sales, and Marketing teams to ensure that the product being delivered appropriately solves the problem. This will involve developing an understanding of our technical choices and constraints, as well as establishing a go-to-market strategy for what your team will build.
- Defining the success of the initiatives and driving how your team will measure the impact of initiatives to help us develop our understanding further, and decide on the next steps to take.
As a young startup, the potential to affect our direction forward is significant, and it is our hope that you will bring practices and ideas that will challenge how we do things and develop the role further over time.
We believe the successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- First-hand experience working with databases
- 3+ years experience as Product Manager or closely related roles such as Product Owner, Program Manager, or Solutions Architect
- Prior experience working on an Open Source Software for Developers
- Autonomy with research and product discovery
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Past experience as a Software Engineer
What’s it like to work at Prisma?
You’re likely to be a great fit for the team if you …
… have an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, you’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
… stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
… be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What’s in it for you?
- Joining an early-stage startup anchored in both Europe and Silicon Valley where you will be able to make a real impact on a global scale.
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley’s top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Days paid Mental Health Days per year.
- 6 Weeks fully paid Sabbatical Leave after 3 years.
- 20 Weeks fully paid Parental Leave.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -6 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19: The above opportunity to move to Berlin is temporarily suspended until we believe that travel is safe again.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition Team.
- First Interview with the VP of Product for the role.
- Collaborative Take Home Assignment (with compensation) paired with a panel debrief of the assignment
Once you have accepted your offer, we will ask you to provide us with two references via HiPeople to help us gain some insights about you from your past colleagues and managers. These references checks are positive in nature and we use them to help us get a head-start on understanding your working-style.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.