What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is growing – and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to grow our app presence on an international scale. We’re seeking product people that can develop a strategy to evolve the user experience, feature set, and positioning of Grindr and it’s premium products abroad. As well as those with experience catering to free users, and improving Grindr’s penetration internationally.
What’s the job?
- Develop strategies and execute product plans to improve Grindr’s active and paid user base globally
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team of designers and engineers to develop and ship product changes
- Analyze and test revenue optimizations, such as pricing, marketing, and subscription lifecycle management
- Work closely with growth and marketing teams to re-position and launch new features in key markets
- Define and communicate a product roadmap aligned with company objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data, and competitive analysis
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases, and requirements
- Communicate data-supported recommendations, product plan, key issues, and deliver status to key stakeholders including senior management
- Onboard and manage third-party subscription, payment, and reporting vendors
What we’ll love about you
- Experienced in interviewing users from different cultures and backgrounds using this information to design features that serve them better
- Worked with Marketing to successfully launch new features
- Can use data to find problems, inform designs, and A|B test solutions
- Experience launching new features, from inception to release on mobile platforms, in multiple markets simultaneously
- Solid understanding of the dynamics of subscription revenue generation, acquisition, conversion, and retention models.
- Experience working on products for a consumer subscription-based business is strongly desired
- Excellent analytics. Can gather and utilize hard data to assess opportunities. Identifies intended results and measures outcomes
- Demonstrated ownership of successful products throughout the product lifecycle
- Knowledgeable about the latest mobile UI/UX patterns
- Experience collaborating with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in a mobile and web business
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience with global products across different markets, cultures, and languages
- Experience managing a mobile subscription business, and an understanding of the customer subscription lifecycle
- Strong design aesthetic and user experience ability
- Experience with dating, social, communication, or chat apps/services
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to build structure, clarify, and break down problems. Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives
What You’ll Love About Us
- Global impact. Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, Toronto, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.