Are you excited to work on one of the most important global issues of our time? Are you passionate about making a measurable difference in the battle against food waste? Does working on a small team with the ability to influence product strategy and drive innovation sound exciting?
Leanpath, the global leader in food waste prevention solutions, has an immediate opportunity for a Product Manager to join the team.
Did you know that 8% of greenhouse gasses are linked to wasted food? When you prevent food waste you can significantly reduce GHGs, and fight climate change!
So how do you, as a Product Manager, help to end food waste? You bring your skills to bear at Leanpath, a company who’s already fighting food waste with thousands of installations of our hardware-backed SaaS solutions worldwide.
Leanpath has a unique, patented set of hardware that we have deployed globally in the fight against food waste. Our “Trackers” are custom designed devices that transmit data from the kitchen to the Cloud, where it’s converted into a number of insights and reports which help our customers make better decisions in the way that they prepare and serve food. We also offer a powerful suite of behavior change tools to ensure that food waste prevention becomes a daily habit, changing the culture of the kitchen to drive a more waste-aware, efficient operation.
Ok, tell me more…
I’ll skip all of the usual “the team is amazing” stuff and go straight to why you might want to join us (beyond the whole “food waste superhero save the world” thing):
- You’ll be a member of our Product Strategy Council with direct influence over the company’s strategic product direction alongside executives and our CEO. There’s no hierarchy here and your voice will be incredibly important in every decision.
- Our product suite is diverse and cutting edge. You’ll get to influence all of it, from IoT tracking devices to custom analytics software to behavior change tools.
- You want to grow our small but high-performing Product team from one person to two! You’ll make a major impact on our products and the product management function at Leanpath.
- Product works closely with a team of amazing developers, many of whom are local. We pride ourselves on our aligned vision and collaborative approach to building awesome products together.
What do we need from you?
It’s really important to us that we get the “right person in the right (semi-virtual) seat” for our small yet nimble team. This is a role that requires some previous product management experience so you can hit the ground running and make your mark quickly. We’re not worried about a specific number of years of experience or your degree, so even if you don’t check all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you! We’re focused on impact and results above all.
The skills to pay the bills:
- Experience in SaaS product management focused on growth and revenue retention.
- A love for building buy-in for the product vision with internal and external stakeholders, and working across the organization with marketing, customer success, sales, and engineering.
- Proven ability to to translate product strategies and ambiguous ideas into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Experience taking software products to market with cross-functional teams, from inception to launch (and beyond!).
- A basic knowledge of software development/concepts. We need you to be able to communicate with engineers—that means speaking their language.
- You have great communication skills, and aren’t afraid to use “radical candor” (practicing kindness, no jerks allowed) with your peers and especially your leaders.
You might be a unicorn if you also:
- Experience working with an integrated hardware solution.
- Experience leading a product release process for a physical product.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining hardware/software products globally, including managing localization, compliance and certification requirements.
- Experience with Aha and Atlassian tools (e.g., Jira and Confluence).
Sounds great so far—is this fully remote or an office job?
While we’re currently mostly remote, at some point we would like to see each other in person…like in the before-times. We plan to work in a flex/hybrid mode on-site at Leanpath’s headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.
Ok, what’s next?
So if this sounds like fun, let’s chat! You’ll get a chance to meet with the team, ask questions (and probably answer a couple…) to see if it’s a good fit for you and the team. Just hit that “apply” button to get started.
I have to ask…salary?
Negotiable based on relevant experience.
Ah, you’ve gotten to the bottom of our attempt at a mildly entertaining job posting. Thank you! This is the part that will be a let down for a few of you, and for that, my apologies.
#1 – The job is offered to those already in or willing to relocate to the Portland, Oregon area.
#2 – Leanpath is unable to provide sponsorship for candidates who do not already have the right to work in the United States. Bummer, I know. We’re just not big enough to be able to offer this yet…
More about Leanpath & Our Team
Founded in 2004, we created the food waste measurement & technology industry. We’ve been recognized by our customers and the industry with awards including vendor and support team of the year awards from client partners Google and Sodexo, “Sustainability Initiative of the Year” award from Food Matters Live, and the “Technology for Good” award from the Global Good Awards UK, among others.
Our team is connected through our core values, which are woven into our culture: drive and productivity, excellence, equity, humility, kindness and inclusion, and teamwork. We believe that diversity of team members and diversity of experiences makes us stronger. We support one another in becoming our best selves, and bringing our whole selves to work. We actively seek out the best talent, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religious background, gender or gender identity, or sexual orientation.