Security Product Manager – Partner Fraud & Abuse
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. That’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology and plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With long-term strategic investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will strongly impact our mission. We are united in the belief that our human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
As a Security Product Manager Partner Fraud & Abuse, you’re responsible for Products and Services that help protect us from different kinds of fraud that can lead to financial, reputational, physical, or mental harm to our Customers, Partners, and the Business. You’ll have an enormous scope that ranges from detecting fake reviews posted on our platform to detecting and preventing situations where the partners and Booking lose commission.
In this role, you work closely with the Partner Fraud and Abuse Operations Team, Group/Senior Product Managers, the Senior Manager Partner Fraud & Abuse, Engineering managers, and your team of engineers and machine learning scientists. You set the Product vision and empower your team to improve existing products and services and design and build entirely new ones. You prioritize new initiatives based on new threats and attack patterns while accounting for changes in the business and being responsible for the effectiveness of the existing (machine learning) models and tools. You work closely with stakeholders from Customer Service, Partner Services, Legal, Privacy, and PR and regularly interact with Directors and occasionally with Senior Leadership team members.
You’re a strong product leader, ideally with experience in Fraud, Security, Trust & Safety, NLP Products, and designing, building, and launching new products (preferably involving machine learning) at scale. You’re a team player with a bottom-up approach to developing concepts and products. You have experience working with teams of engineers, machine learning scientists, UX designers, and Copywriters and know how to apply data-driven prioritization. You are good at managing different stakeholders and establishing effective feedback loops for fast iteration. You’re creative and always ready to adjust your strategy based on the evolution of threats, new technology, and business strategy.
If you bring that unique combination of skills and want to work in an agile and dynamic environment where you define, manage and drive the implementation of security solutions for Booking.com’s massive scale and like to have an impact on the strategy and future of Security at Booking.com, we would love to hear from you!
- Own the long-term vision of the Partner Fraud & Abuse topics in Booking.com, inspire the Engineering and Operations team, and lead other Product Managers to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively;
- Mentor/Lead other Product Managers in the track;
- Drive the product backlog and prioritize ruthlessly for a team of highly-skilled engineers and data scientists;
Challenge the status quo of our current solutions and drive resolution through collaboration, influence, and innovation (minimize friction; maximize impact);
- Manage expectations of users and stakeholders, as well as communicate with your customers to guarantee that solutions are fit-for-purpose;
- Liaise closely with Senior stakeholders to come up with solutions that serve the entire Booking Holdings organization;
- Define key business and product success metrics, track them, and improve upon them to form data-driven opinions;
- Demonstrate your powerful problem-solving skills by structuring issues and analyzing alternative scalable solutions;
- Be a team player, empower and collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions;
A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving;
- Strong communication and presentation skills: the ability to summarize complex and technical topics to a wide range of audiences;
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment;
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take-charge attitude to manage the entire development cycle of new features;
Strong affinity with Security and Technology;
- The ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the product details;
- The ability to understand and formulate meaningful business and technical metrics;
- You’re realistic with what can be done given the available resources but still challenge the status quo and optimize for impact;
- A user-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do while having strong commercial awareness;
- English language fluency. Both spoken and written.
- 5+ years experience as a (technical) Product Manager / Owner
- At least 2 years of experience of directly managing/leading other product managers
- Experience working with Senior stakeholders (Director and above) in a large organization
- Experience working with teams of engineers
- Experience using data to make informed decisions and the ability to formulate and interpret meaningful business metrics
- Experience working on Machine learning or NLP
- Experience managing a large scope
- Experience in Security, in Fraud, in Large Operations
- Experience with designing, building, and launching new products at scale is a plus
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team is a plus
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year. We assist you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
Training, regular hackathons, and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Keywords: Senior Product Manager Security, Senior Product Lead, Senior Product Manager Fraud, Senior Product Manager Fraud Prevention, Senior Product Owner, Senior Product Manager Machine Learning, Data Sciences Senior Product Manager, Group Product Manager
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.