Could you be our Head of Product?
49% of retirees consider the television or a pet to be their main companion. At thejoyclub.com, we’re on a mission to change that. We’re addressing the epidemic of boredom and loneliness amongst older people by providing activity, content and community to inspire a joyful retirement for all.
In December 2020, we launched The Joy Club platform in the UK, to support retirees to meet new people and try new things. Since launch, we’ve evolved the product offering to inspire our members through our live online events programme, uplifting content and chat amongst the thriving community. This is just the beginning – our ambition is to build the largest and most joyful community of retirees globally.
As our Head of Product, you’ll own and enhance every phase of the product’s lifecycle, engaging the target demographic in innovation and improvement. You’ll champion and protect product quality, supporting member retention and sentiment, and lead the growth of the product team – inspiring a culture of excellence and curiosity. You’ll own the product roadmap and vision that will fuel and define the company’s high-growth trajectory.
You’ll also be a critical part of our Senior Leadership Team, reporting into our Founder CEO and working with her to develop and execute an exciting product roadmap that delivers maximum value to the membership. You’ll contribute to company-wide strategy and support effective working and communication across teams. You’ll also take a service design perspective to supporting other business verticals to deliver effective growth and management of the membership base and B2B2C partnerships, via The Joy Club platform.
Do you have excellent critical judgment and conviction, able to think quickly and inspire confidence with your en pointe decisions? Are you able to create structure from un-structure, synthesising huge amounts of data and opportunities and identifying the right way ahead? Are you obsessed with solving customer problems – an obsession which sparks a special kind of creativity? If you answered yes to those three questions, keep reading.
You’ll want to be our Head of Product because
- You’ll be reporting directly to the Founder CEO, as part of an exceptional Senior Leadership Team.
- You’ll be directly involved in delivering the company’s mission and vision at scale, making a positive societal impact.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth, VC-backed, pre-Series A venture, with the opportunity to experiment and drive success.
- You’ll have access to our amazing network of investors, who themselves have built pioneering global technology brands.
- Like us, you’ll be excited to build a diverse, thriving culture of equal voices – across the team and the wider community.
You’ll also be attracted by
- The attractive EMI options that will form part of your package – making you a part-owner of the company and meaning you’ll benefit from powering our growth.
- A generous holiday allowance of 27 days + bank holidays + your birthday off.
- Our remote-first culture – we’ll be meeting in person every month in London when it’s safe to do so but otherwise you can work where suits you best.
- The opportunity to learn fast and drive performance amongst an exceptional and kind team.
We’ll want you to be our Head of Product, if you have
- Owned product vision and created features that delight customers (even at category / feature level).
- Driven performance against key engagement and growth metrics (conversion, retention, engagement) through product iteration and innovation.
- Effectively and autonomously led a team to deliver on time and budget, across the whole product lifecycle. This might look like direct line management of a team, or squad management.
You’ll have been successful as our Head of Product, if in one year’s time you have
- Helped to raise a Series A investment round by driving exceptional performance against our engagement and growth metrics.
- Ideated and delivered features that have delighted our members and brought them joy.
- Made meaningful contributions to the Senior Leadership Team, helping to drive pace, scale, ambition and culture.
- Influenced your team, joyful and thriving, fulfilling their own ambitions as well as driving performance against key metrics.
When you’re successful in role, you’ll feel
- Excited by the boundless opportunities for innovation.
- Impatient to make an impact.
- Appreciated by your team members.
- Deeply rewarded by the impact your work has on the lives of our members.
- Buoyed by the high-growth trajectory and what that means for the scale of impact we can have.
You’ll be given equity and freedom, to give you a genuine sense of ownership of The Joy Club’s vision and ambition. Together, we’ll build the go-to community platform for retirees.