Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As Product Manager, Developer Experience at Bitwarden, you will lead the strategy and roadmap to expand our product offerings for developers. This will include SDKs, developer tools, and documentation. Ideally, you are a previous developer or you have deep empathy for developers. You know how to distill complex workflows into simple user experiences and you intimately know what developers need to be able to build with integrations. You will partner closely with our Engineering teams – by listening to them as your first “customer” as well as to build these products and bring them to market. You know how to weave different forms of data, whether that’s qualitative customer feedback or usage data, to inform new product bets.
This is an all-remote team with a preference for some overlap with US East and West coasts.
- Define and prioritize the roadmap for your product area
Engage directly with customers and prospects to discover and understand problems in the market
- Write clear, easy-to-understand product strategy and user flow documents, outlining problem and solution space for your initiatives to create shared understanding
- Define key metrics and business outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, customer success and go-to-market teams to ensure successful product and feature launches
- Review and regularly communicate business performance post-launch
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- 2+ years experience in product management (candidates with significant development/engineering/DevOps experience will also be considered)
- Experience managing products or technologies within developer tools, APIs, SDKs, operations, or a related area a strong plus
- Ability to empathize with the needs of customers as well as high emotional intelligence to build positive working relationships with internal teams in a distributed working environment
- Extremely organized and able to make highly informed prioritization & trade off decisions with engineering
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset and a desire to learn from others
Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
Interview with Director of Product
Interview with Product Designer
Interview with CTO
Interview with CCO
Interview with the CEO
We know this is an investment of time and we appreciate it. We think this is a pretty important decision and we want you to meet all the key stakeholders you will be working closely with to ensure you are set up for success at Bitwarden. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Being a remote-only team, we highly value excellent written communication skills. Typically, we’ll ask for a short writing sample on any topic. If you don’t have one, we’ll share more details on how to complete this step. Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check in addition to reference checks. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record, and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report, so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team.
- Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.