Are you energized by the prospect of leading the design, development, launch, and support of new cutting-edge consumer video camera products? Are you excited to drive the release of new software features and enhancements across a platform with more than 8 million subscribers?
We are looking to add a Product Manager II to our growing Alarm.com Video team, where you will be able to collaborate with engineering (hardware, firmware, software, and quality), marketing, and support teams to deliver innovative video solutions.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Becoming the product expert and liaison on video cameras and the video experience
- Working with research and development teams to set research objectives and reviewing research results to inform product strategy for camera hardware and software features
- Driving the end-to-end product development life cycle for a video camera and associated features – Writing product specifications, testing new features and designs, managing beta programs, creating documentation, and supporting existing products
- Develop and maintain relationships with Alarm.com technology partners, vendors, and customers
- Understanding Alarm.com customers and how they can use the Alarm.com mobile app and websites to monitor and control their Video monitoring devices and system
- Managing the go-to-market strategy for new products
- Directing engineering, sales, supply chain and other teams, educating stakeholders, and delivering product presentations
Conducting market research – Gathering feedback from customers and analyzing the market landscape
Ability to synthesize research to drive product strategy and decision making
- Ensuring that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met for your projects
- Partnering with engineering, support, sales, and high-profile partners to resolve product issues
- Working with Software Engineering to direct product feature development
- Championing enhancements to existing products
- Technical project management (40% of duties) to ensure delivery of video device product-related projects are completed on time and to spec
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. from a competitive school with strong academic performance
- 2-6 years of experience
- Previous experience managing technology product lifecycle (preferably for hardware products)
- Previous experience managing requirements for technology vendors
- Previous experience with customer interviews and managing customer feedback
- Previous experience providing communicating requirements to engineering teams and managing requirements modifications during product development
- Previous experience managing communications around product launch with marketing and other go-to-market teams
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in developing a deep understanding of complex products and technologies
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of business, economics and/or finance
- Experience in Computer Networking (including Wi-Fi), Video recording, Video Analytics, Machine Learning, Computer programming
- Exposure to the following areas is a plus: UI Design, voice applications, cellular/wireless technology, Smart home automation, Cloud infrastructure management.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.