italki is a growing language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. We are looking for an ambitious senior product manager to assist in building awesome products for external and internal customers.
At italki, you will work with mobile and web product managers, developers and designers in a diverse and rapidly changing environment. This role will require amazing interpersonal skills, leadership skills (knowing how to manage by influence), cross-cultural communication skills, and balancing product value with effort required, resources available and process in an agile environment.
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet relaxed working environment. Join our team and help expand our presence in the customer support marketplace.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China or unable to relocate to Shanghai need not apply.
You are a mobile product manager with experience in mobile products and demonstrable successes. You know how to work with a multicultural team, with a strong sense of the balance between the right amount of process and just getting things done. You are a constant learner, and you’re always seeking to understand customers, changes in the market, and technology. Most of all, you take the initiative, and understand how to deliver a great result.
- Define and drive italki’s mobile product direction and strategy
- Lead a mobile product and development team to success
- Build the mobile product roadmap, objectives and KPIs
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Work closely with UX designers to understand user needs, stakeholders, and behavior
- Perform internal analysis, external market research and competitive analysis
- Experience as Mobile Product Manager for app with 1M downloads
- Experience with e-learning and education technology digital products preferred
- Experience with two-sided online marketplaces (C2C) a big plus
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience with scrum and other organization methodologies
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and growing team environment
- Professional level English. Chinese ability strongly preferred.