The RAC is one of the UK’s most successful, recognised and trusted brands – providing complete peace of mind for the driving needs of over 13 million members in the UK. And there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the RAC team. We are entering a new phase in our journey and will be expanding our driving proposition as well as digitally transforming our member experiences. Our mission is to make owning, driving and looking after your car simple, straightforward and worry-free and we’ll make it all easy and convenient with our digital products.
With iconic sites in Birmingham, Bristol and Manchester and over 4,000 colleagues, the RAC offers real flexibility through hybrid working. The RAC is going from strength to strength with a significant new investment from Silver Lake Partners – a leading global technology investment firm – focused on investing in technology-enabled businesses with high growth potential. This partnership will see new levels of dynamism and a rapid pace of innovation.
As part of this exciting transformation, we are launching a brand-new Digital Product function within our business to help us create a best-in-class member experience, supported with increased investment and a structured programme of activities to accelerate our digital strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager who can work independently, take ownership and deliver great digital experiences for our 13 million personal and business members.
- You’ll operate at squad level, leading a cross functional team of colleagues, delivering exceptional digital products for customers who have broken down
- You’ll be responsible for setting the product vision, goals and KPI’s, ensuring these are clearly communicated to the squad and wider stakeholders
- Working with the Technology Product Owner you’ll prioritise, define, and accept work to deliver great digital outcomes to support the customer and business
- Working closely with the Technology Product Owners providing guidance to influence and agree the product roadmap
- You engage with internal and external product stakeholders to understand and refine the product vision driving and contributing to the product roadmap, outlining work in the Product Backlog, and prioritising it based on business value
- Accountable for providing the product/programme/project with business expertise, in order to shape the delivery, providing appropriate solution options and estimates to deliver business outcomes.
Key role responsibilities:
- Own the product vision and clearly communicate this across the squad and wider stakeholders
- You’ll use the product vision and strategy to define and evolve objectives and key results for your squad
- Clearly communicate progress against the goals and roadmap
- You’ll inspire, coach, and guide a squad to ensure the delivery of outcomes to support the customer and business
- You’ll be ruthlessly customer focussed by interrogating customer insight and data to identify key customer needs whilst supporting business priorities
- You’ll collaborate with the UX & UI teams to deliver great customer experiences
- Take a lead role across the agile team to ensure products are delivered on time and the product features meet customer and business needs
- Conduct research with users to influence product decisions and utilise data and insights to prioritise our roadmap and backlog
- Develop detailed requirements, working closely with a range of stakeholders, to deliver the product roadmap, including commercial stakeholders, group stakeholders and delivery teams
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the product backlog and help prioritise the development team’s work to provide a clear plan on order of delivery
- You’ll measure and clearly communicate your product’s performance and demonstrate how this contributes to the digital and business objectives
- Stay abreast of key trends in digital and keep ahead of the industry and what our competitors are doing
- Define features & stories to support end-to-end customer journeys.
Skills & Experience
- Deep experience of managing Apps and understanding of modern websites/technologies and web development
- Experience in using technology to change customer behaviour
- Some experience working in telephony preferred
- Experience working in a modern agile Product Manager role
- Experience in defining a product vision, goals, and KPI’s
- Experience developing a deep understanding of customer needs and translating into clear product requirements
- Experience developing and prioritising a product backlog
- Ability to analyse data, form hypotheses, and decide what to do next
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical content to different stakeholders, from engineers to senior executives
- Experience working in a transformation context within an existing, established business, having participated in establishing and progressively improving Product Manager practices and processes.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions for programmes/ project(s) balancing time, cost and quality
- Experience working on customer-facing web products
- Ideally, BCS qualified (Int. Diploma in BA)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner qualification
- Detailed knowledge of agile requirements definition; requirements management, solution processes and associated techniques
Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits
- A competitive salary and on target annual company bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year
- Free on-site parking across all 3 sites
- Free RAC breakdown cover
- We also offer a range of other flexible employee benefits for you to choose from.