Digital Product Manager
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: midnight, 7th December 2017.
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
To support the product development for the Digital Engagement Programme and Web Improvement Programme working with external digital agencies & internal teams to ensure the participant and internal stakeholder requirements are successfully captured and implemented across a number of digital products (apps, websites etc.)
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for specific target audience personas
- Be the point person for the supplier’s product owners/business analysts to further detail and define requirements
- Use analytical evaluation & conduct competitor analysis or research to support product recommendations & design
- Leverage best practise examples to deliver excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) primarily for mobile-led products
- Support and capture internal stakeholder requirements from across The FA organisation
- Support The FA lead and work with the external organisations to develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- Maintain our ‘digital showroom’ ensuring all the work across digital is showcased appropriately
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective
- Develop and support new product collateral for newly launched products working with internal marketing and communications team to ensure new digital initiatives are supported across the business
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group’s changing priorities and strategic goals
What we are looking for:
- Experience in digital product management
- Experience of digital development methodologies and processes including agile
- Great communication skills, including the ability to present to senior stakeholders
- The energy and focus to get stuff done reliably and on time
- Know what makes a good digital experience across mobile or web
- Experienced at providing clear, accurate and practical documentation
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter