FreeAgent aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, our aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers.
Not to blow our own horn … but Accounting WEB even named FreeAgent the top bookkeeping product of 2020 and 2021. And in 2021 our mobile app was also voted ‘Client App of the Year’ by ICB LUCA. The list could go on!
It’s not just our customers who love us, our employees do too ⭐
Find out more on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a collaborative, high-performing, and diverse team. We’d love you to join us on our journey.
Our Radar team’s mission is to empower users to stay organised and make educated decisions. As a cross functional team, they are responsible for communicating practical, tailored and approachable information that offers proactive support, Radar looks out for our customers when it comes to their business finances.
As a Product Manager for the Radar team you’ll be translating the product vision and strategy into a plan of ongoing development and improvement. This will involve understanding the needs and requirements of the business and our users, assisting in the ongoing prioritisation of projects and features, and managing the development of these through our agile process.
We are looking for a product manager who can continuously up level the team on our user objectives and business needs. The role is perfect for someone who cares deeply about the end to end user experience, sweating the details so that our users have a delightful experience when joining FreeAgent and working across departments to determine a unified customer journey. This person is customer centric and passionate about creating engaging in app experiences for our users, making strategic decisions that meaningfully make a difference in our customer lives whilst keeping our product quality bar high. They will have an ownership mentality for driving impact, be data-informed to find insights and prioritise learning quickly to deliver value to our customers.
The work is fast-paced, challenging and varied and on any given day you might be:
- Identifying customer needs and business opportunities by engaging with our users, partners and stakeholders, translating insight and feedback into a clear and well defined product roadmap
- Facilitating the wider product development workflow from initial stakeholder requirements, through prioritisation into design, development, release and measurement
- Execute at a fast pace with a focus on user experience, impact and learning in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers
- Maintaining, grooming and prioritising product backlogs, ensuring requirements are well understood, documented and communicated throughout the team
- Leading with deep user empathy you will work closely alongside our design and engineering teams to prototype new features and product improvements that our users will love
- Monitoring success of ongoing product developments through data analytics, user feedback and other quantitative and qualitative feedback channels
- Evaluate product developments against KPIs and feed suggestions back into the product roadmap.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Deep customer empathy and demonstrable success in a product management role with a strong attention to detail, excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, ideally within an agile environment
- Experience of shaping complex products to support in app messaging and communication, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions
- The ability to communicate and present ideas effectively with a proven ability to influence and persuade, and work with, people of varying levels of seniority
- Experience working cross functionally and interdependently to enable execution of company strategic goals
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track KPIs to measure product success
- A willingness to deep dive on complex, sometimes technical, problems
- An appreciation of user experience and design best practice and how this relates to product design
- An understanding of agile development and be able to work confidently alongside engineers and designers
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Previous experience of banking digital products in the micro-business market is a plus.
Annual salary £36,500 – £51,000 for mid-level or £51,000 – £65,000 for senior level depending on experience. If you’re a more senior practitioner in this area we’d still love to hear from you, as there may be some flexibility on salary for the right candidate.
We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including (but not limited to!) the following:
- 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you’re with us)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
- Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness webinars
- Focused learning time and learning budgets
- Volunteering day
Our work life 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don’t work long hours, and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ expertly designed for collaboration including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
At FreeAgent, we support each other and operate a no-blame culture. Our mindset is: work hard, be nice to people, and the rest will sort itself out!
This is a permanent, full-time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). This role will be based in our Edinburgh office, however, there will be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working, working under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home each week. Working from home is second nature to us as we have been championing remote working for 14 years.
How to apply ✍
We hire smart, talented people (like you!) to make FreeAgent even better.
Our application process is simple: upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you want to work with us. Our selection process includes:
- A phone call with a member of our Talent Team
- Two video interviews
- We work hard to make the process straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable.
FreeAgent is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status.
Want to find out more? Email any queries to email@example.com