|Intellus Learning is an educational platform-as-a-service company designed to change the way institutions and faculty find, adopt and track course content and student engagement towards increased student affordability and success. As a recently acquired portfolio company of Macmillan Learning, Intellus combines the fast-paced, entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the resources and financial long-term backing of a major educational publisher.
We’re looking for an innovative Director of Product who is interested in using technology and design innovations to improve higher education for institutions, faculty and students. In this role, you will envision, develop, and support the Intellus Learning platform by partnering with internal stakeholders and users to deliver brilliant solutions to user problems. You will be responsible for discovering new product ideas, writing requirements, prioritizing a product backlog, and managing products through the product development lifecycle. The role requires an instinct for developing great products, experience working with users and engineering teams, and the ability to translate customer needs into simple, usable products that delight customers.
● Develop and execute strategies for infusing the voice of the customer into the product development process.
● Define product enhancements and communicate requirements to UX design and engineering teams via clearly written requirements documents, diagrams, and concise verbal communication.
● Prioritize the roadmap of features and enhancements for the Intellus platform.
● Negotiate and set milestones and expectations throughout the broader organization.
● Represent business objectives and feature solutions to management.
● Collaborate with UX design, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure timely and high quality delivery against the product roadmap.
● Serve as a resource for internal team that have product questions, feature requests, and other product related needs.
● 5-8 years in Product Management, with a history of increased responsibility and strong product leadership.
● Experience engaging with UX, Engineering, and Quality Assurance on design discussions and proposing simple, creative solutions to complex problems.
● Proven ability to build relationships and influence others to drive results.
● Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills.
● Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent writing and presentation skills.
● Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment.
● Effective time-management skills
● Ability to juggle multiple projects.
● Strong work ethic.
● Exceptional customer relationship skills.
● Product management or product design experience in higher education.
● Experience working on Platform as a Service projects.
● Mobile product management experience.
Educational Background Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher