Tractable is the world’s first computer vision unicorn ($1 Billion valued company) for financial services. Our mission is to use the latest breakthroughs in AI to solve real world problems and improve people’s lives across the world.
We put an AI car expert in people’s pocket so when you get into an accident, a few photos with your smartphone is all you need to get back to normal faster. This year our AI is also helping families recover faster after their homes have been destroyed by natural disasters. We’ve accelerated accident recovery for over a million households, and helped recycle about as many cars as Tesla put on the road in 2019.
On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, collaboration, continuous learning, flexible working and more. In fact, we are a Certified ‘Great Place to Work 2021’ and rated 5/5 on Glassdoor due to our enjoyable and vibrant working culture and laser sharp focus on employee well-being.
Product development @ Tractable
We build products by putting a team together with all the skills and context it needs to solve tough problems. This means you will be working alongside UX designers, software engineers, Machine Learning engineers, Machine Learning researchers, and data scientists to work on a variety of problems. You will be working out how we can dramatically improve the effectiveness of our Data Scientists, ML Researchers, and Operations staff so they can increase the velocity at which they can produce high-quality products and features that our customers use every day.
What you will be doing:
- You will work as a Senior Product Manager within the Platforms product suite. Your primary “customers” are Tractable’s own Data Scientists and ML Researchers. Your product suite includes a Machine Learning Platform and accompanying tools and reusable components that Researchers need to do their best work. You’ll manage two teams that collectively handle this remit: Our Machine Learning Platform team is charged with building and maintaining the platforms that help our researchers effectively build and deploy ML models. Our Research Tooling team handles the tooling and reusable components that enable researchers to share gains across all of our product squads, saving them time so they can focus on building innovative new features and products. The collective goal of these two teams is to automate away any manual work that researchers might pick up and to give them best-in-class tools to create new types of AI models to solve real-world problems.
What you will be doing:
- You will work embedded in two product development teams consisting of Software Engineers, ML Platform Engineers, and ML Researchers to understand problems and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- You will become the closest ally of Tractable’s ML Researchers, diving deep into their problems and delivering iterative solutions.
- You will define the product vision for ML Platform and
- Tooling and build a roadmap to show stakeholders how you’ll deliver products and features that bring us closer to realising it.
- You will work closely with your Researcher “customers” to build a roadmap based on how your teams can add the most value to Tractable’s researchers, and therefore drive our long-term research strategy.
- You will integrate user feedback into ongoing updates of our products in a fast-paced environment, then drive adoption of new products and features.
- You will define your teams’ objectives and key metrics, then track against impact and usage metrics. You’ll regularly analyse results to identify areas for optimisation and report on these to your teams, users, and stakeholders.
- You will communicate tirelessly on what we have learned from our users, what are the problems we can solve for our customers, how the product works, and what’s new in the product.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- Experience of B2B SaaS product management environment.
- Experience building Machine Learning products and tooling, either as a Product Manager or as a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Researcher.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the area of change management.
- Fascination with the fast-evolving ML Operations world and a drive to continuously learn more.
- Ability to absorb a large amount of unstructured information and synthesise this into a set of insights and plan.
- Strong experience facilitating an agile development process in partnership with Engineers and ML Researchers.
- Competitive salary
- 6 month salary reviews
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Pension scheme
- Bupa private healthcare (full coverage)
- Flexible hours & 3 days WFH per week
- Learning and Development budget
- Learnably access
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Daily office snacks & soft drinks
Regular company office events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more
Based in our office in Liverpool Street