About the Flock
We are an inclusive community welcoming Toucans of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes. We want Toucan to be where we do the best work of our lives. We work flexibly and autonomously, trusting one another to deliver world class results.
At Toucan, we are building the infrastructure to reverse climate change.
The climate crisis stems largely from a misalignment of incentives. Polluters don’t pay for their emissions. The voluntary carbon credit market is changing this, enabling companies to offset their emissions by paying projects to capture carbon. Today, this market is highly wasteful due to a lack of liquid markets, forcing projects to go through layers of financial middlemen that take 50-80% fees.
Toucan is enabling a web3 regenerative finance ecosystem, by bridging carbon credits into crypto and pooling them in standardized categories. We have created the first globally accessible and liquid market for voluntary carbon credits. Working with T1 DeFi protocols and the community we enable carbon credits to be used in a variety of use cases, including green assets, NFTs, collateral and yields. In the month, our Base Carbon Tonne did 2b$ in volume and we have bridged over 16m tonnes of CO2, equivalent to the emissions of Kenya.
We are just getting started, and need top talent that want maximum leverage in solving the climate crisis to join us to build this regenerative finance ecosystem. This is where you come in!
As our new Head of Product you will lead Toucan’s product management operations and help bring new features of our infrastructure to life with a team of amazing builders.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead the development of the product strategy and roadmap
- Coordinate with and gather input from growth teams, and the community
- Overseeing the execution of the product strategy
- Implementing and maintaining agile product management practices
- Help design customer journeys and craft user experiences
- Play a coordinating role with product launches across all departments
You most likely have the following experience and skills:
- 10+ years experience of software product management
- An exceptional track record and passion of building amazing products
- Experience leading product organizations and launching new products
- A strong understanding of the interplay between product, engineering, UX/UI and growth
- A passion for protecting the environment and building products to solve climate change
- Preferably experience in web3 and/or carbon markets
- Availability during working hours between GMT -8 – +2
Toucan aims to build products for the global majority and especially want to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and help us shape the regenerative finance movement.