Eigen is a natural language processing/machine learning B2B software platform company focused on transforming the way companies operate by unlocking the value of their textual data. Having just completed our Series B, Eigen has raised $60m to date and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Temasek, Lakestar, and Dawn Capital.
Based in London, Lisbon and New York, Eigen has over 180 people and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
Why join Eigen?
- We are building a product on the cutting edge of Natural Language Processing technology
- We have an exceptional Senior Management team with some of the best minds across Sales, Engineering, Science and Product
- We are a highly collaborative, diverse, dynamic and supportive team with a positive culture
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work incentive
- Flexibility to manage your work and personal commitment
As a Product Designer at Eigen, here’s what you’ll be doing day to day:
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional team and work closely with PMs, Engineers, and internal stakeholders explore opportunities that lead to meaningful outcomes and work on on-going project’s features
- Develop wireframes, prototypes and design assets around customer needs
- Partner with Product managers across the discovery process.
Work with other designers to implement intuitive user interfaces
- Promptly prototype ideas addressing feedback from stakeholders and customers
- Document UI design decisions for new features
Support engineering squads with assets, specs and documentation
- Make sure the UI gets built as designed and discuss feasibility with technical stakeholder
What you’ll be doing on top!
- We’re growing here at Eigen!!! So not only do we need to support our squads in delivering our roadmap, but also you support in growing our Design ecosystem and community!
- Maintain and improve our product’s UI design inventory, keeping our design assets and libraries in good shape.
- Collaborate with other designers in building, evolving and maintaining a centralised design system.
- Align to our Product Design process and help to evolve our practices, principles, and methodologies.
- Contribute to the growth of the design community across Product and Marketing.
- Presenting ideas, facilitating workshops, supporting other designers and so much more!
What we’re looking for:
- A broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: Discovery, Definition, Interaction design, visual design and prototyping and testing.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience working in high-growth product companies with an international footprint
This is a great role for you if:
- You have a track record of designing user interfaces for complex applications, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions.
- You understand the importance of seeing the bigger picture to create the best user experience possible.
- Are a keen problem solver – you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem.
- Have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right – one pixel off is a big deal.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity
- You take an empathetic approach to your design work and your working relationships.
- You share ideas early and at key stages, and you actively seek out and encourage a range of feedback.
- You’re confident at filtering and distilling opinions and feedback into meaningful responses.
- You’re naturally inclusive with regard to web standards, usability, and accessibility.
- You can demonstrate fundamental UX methods.
- You’re an excellent facilitator, communicator, and storyteller.
- You’re able to respectfully navigate challenging situations alongside your team.
- You’re experienced working with a team end to end, to deliver features and improvements.
About our team
Product Designers form part of a wider Design and Experience organisation that also includes Communications Designers, Brand Designers, researchers, scientists, SME’s and more. We work closely together, share work often, and collaborate across teams. As a product designer you’ll be expected to champion your work and explain and promote your ideas.
Front and centre to our work, we strive tirelessly to create the very best experience for our customers. We’ll encourage you to be brave, take risks and fail without fear, because we believe in the value of the journey and in learning by making. It’s fast-paced at times, but it’s always fun!
Creating the best place to work
We believe in a healthy work-life balance, and we’re flexible about how and where you work. You may be asked to come into our office from time to time but, primarily, you can work from wherever is best for you. Some of our team work from home full time, and others are office based, some mix and match for part of the week.
Applying for the role
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and a link to your portfolio! That’s it. Within your portfolio we’d especially like to see case studies that highlight some complex applications you’ve worked on, and your UX and UI process and design skills.
Our recruitment process includes a phone call with a member of our Talent Team, followed by three interviews, one of which includes a live workshop around solving a customer problem.
You’ll also get the opportunity to meet the team and ask us questions too. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build Eigen, reflect our diverse customer base and bring with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.