Mars Petcare – Data & Analytics
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It’s safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we’re passionate about pets, and their health.
To deliver on our ambition for Petcare to become Powered by Data, we need a talented Product leader with experience in developing and scaling enterprise-scale data solutions and building product organisations. Our ambition is to lead the change in data and pet- and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare and embed and scale Data Products across Petcare. These products areas Include but are not limited to marketing (both consumer insights and advertising), retail and demand, and scientific research.
The purpose of this role is to bring a product mindset to the Data & Analytics organisation, driving best in class, modern product management and design across Petcare Data & Analytics teams. This will be done by:
- owning and driving the product roadmap, vision, and strategy for the portfolio of X-Division products within the Petcare Data Platform; and
- building a collaborative product management community across all Petcare divisions.
We are searching for a highly experienced Data Product Director lead the Petcare global product team.
The role reports to the VP Global Data & Analytics Engagement and has responsibility to oversee the vision and strategy for Data Products across Petcare. To do this, the role has a direct team of 4, comprised of Product Managers and Product Designers. The role is also responsible for orchestrating and driving best practice across the community of Product Management and Design roles in Petcare, including those reporting directly into division and regional teams.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in a product leadership role; ideally driving strategic business change through the usage of data products
- Demonstrable experience of data product management with a focus on value creation for both data scientists and business users
- Experience in recruiting and developing teams with a focus on product management expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal business stakeholders
- Truly inspired by, and want to live, our purpose of creating a better world for pets.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Develop and lead the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for Petcare Data Products, ensuring a holistic view of product strategy across all product lines (focused initially on Retail, Marketing and Scientific Research)
- Partner with Division functional leaders to align Petcare-wide data product strategy to business needs and strategies
- Be a thought leader to create and govern cross-division approach to data product management within Petcare, influencing leaders to move from project-based approach to product management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and technical leadership to ensure data products are designed and developed to deliver viable, usable, valuable, and feasible products that meet users’ needs and business goals
- Lead the approach for product lifecycle management, overseeing each stage of the product life cycle from inception, development through to release, optimization, and retirement
What can you expect from Mars?
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.