Bonhams is looking for a Product Manager to join the growing Technology Team.
Bonhams is a world-leading auctioneer of art, classic cars, jewellery, movie memorabilia and more. Running 400 auctions per year online and from our auction rooms in New Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Paris, New York, LA, and Hong Kong, we reach a global audience of art collectors and high-net-worth individuals. Bonhams recently acquired three other leading auction houses to form the Auction Network.
About the Role
Your first product will be The Market, an online classic and collector car auction startup founded in 2016 and acquired by Bonhams in 2021. You’ll support The Market’s growth in existing markets, help them launch in new regions and realise the benefits of being part of the Bonhams. Over time you’ll have the chance to own different products and experiences at Bonhams and the Auction Network.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll work most closely with the five developers in your squad, the business strategy & sales teams at The Market, and the Bonhams Motoring team. You’ll be supported by the Head of Product, Head of Software Engineering, Data Team, Senior UX/UI Designer and Scrum Master.
Although we’re mostly remote, the relationship building elements of this role will require regular visits to Bonhams head office in Bond Street, and less often, travel to The Market’s offices in Oxfordshire.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Deliver working functionality with a meaningful impact for our customers and business goals — in collaboration with developers, designer and wider team.
• Work with key stakeholders to define the product strategy and roadmap for your product while leveraging synergies and software platforms to achieve efficiencies and unified cross-selling opportunities
• Build relationships across the business with sales, operations, finance, compliance, client services and other teams to facilitate solving complex business problems
• Define, track, and interpret metrics and customer feedback, to set strategy and assess the impact of the changes you make
• Become an expert with respect to the customers, competition, and the market for your product. Support the developers to grow their understanding of the business — and learn from them about the technical stack and architecture.
• Ruthlessly prioritise the most impactful improvements. Assess new opportunities for achieving business goals.
• You have an ownership mindset and will do what’s necessary to ensure your team succeeds in creating an impactful product.
• You’re instinctively collaborative, working with stakeholders as partners in the product process
• Experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Associate Product Manager or equivalent
• Experience working with developers in an Agile team to deliver working functionality
• Technical expertise to take part in discussions with developers and understand the merits of different approaches. A strong intuition for the development effort involved in a given change.
• Experience in the classic cars, arts or luxury sector.
– 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing to 33 with service.
-Private Health Care
-Health & Wellbeing Assistance Programme
-Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
-Learning and Training Assistance Programme
-Annual Travel Season Ticket Loan
-Cycle to Work Scheme
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 27th May 2022 at midnight.
We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.