At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a ticketing (fare payments) platform that allows people to buy and present tickets for public transit on their mobile phones or by tapping a bank card.
We believe a new fare payments system allowing passengers to just tap and ride, without needing to buy a ticket or understand fares, should be available to every passenger and every transit agency around the globe, without prohibitive costs or taking years to deliver, helping people move seamlessly from A to B.
Our Justride platform has been named Ticketing Technology of the Year 2019/2020 and is in use in over 100 locations around the world, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, Bucharest, Valencia, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney, and many more. With an exciting industry-first mobile ticketing SDK, we are partnering with companies like Uber, Lyft, Transit, Moovit to enable the purchase of public transit tickets within leading mobility applications.
Masabi has offices in London, New York, Denver and Cluj, and investors include Mastercard, Shell and Keolis.
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
Masabi is looking for an enthusiastic and self-starting person to join our team to provide maternity cover as a Product Manager.
You will be joining the Validation Tribe and will work with three friendly and motivated teams producing the software behind validation devices installed on buses, trains and other transport modes for scanning tickets and smart cards. You’ll be working closely with engineering teams, UX designers, stakeholders from across the business and, of course, the other Product Managers to build an integrated best in a class set of products.
This role can be fully remote with the need to be able to travel to our London office at least 1-2 times per month.
This role is available for either UK or European based candidates, in a remote or hybrid model, as long as they are happy to travel to our London office 1-2 times per quarter.
- Be the Product person for all sprint ceremonies and activities for your teams.
- Take care of the day to day running of the product aspects of your teams’ work (including participating in ticket triages, writing release notes, handling work prioritisation)
- Engage closely with your counterpart pod/squad leads to ensure smooth running of the teams’ work.
- Engage with software engineers on a daily basis to provide support for ongoing development work.
- Work closely with other Product team members to provide support for your areas on cross-platform features.
- Communicate the behaviour of your product area to internal and external stakeholders and explain new features and product improvements.
- Contribute to problem definition and framing for internal stakeholders using frameworks such as PR FAQs and User Journeys.
What we are looking for:
- Be passionate about the challenges of product evolutions, and have at least 1-year’s experience in Product Management or a related profession.
- Have some experience working in agile environments and working directly with a team of software engineers.
- Have a strong desire to understand the customer and improve their day-to-day experience of the product.
- Be comfortable working in a fully remote model (at least until after Covid), part of a distributed Product team.
What you will learn in this role:
- You will build on your product management experience in an innovative and disruptive global business.
- You will have the opportunity to work on products that positively impact millions of people around the world.
- You will learn all about the global public transport industry from very knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic colleagues.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days of holiday per year plus the option to buy another 5 days pro-rated
- Private Healthcare via AXA including pre-existing conditions and mental health
- Life Insurance
- Choice of workstation
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to and flexible working hours (we are currently operating either fully remote or in a hybrid mode, please see Remote Working Policy below for more details)
- Ability to work for up to 3 months per year from any country in the world
- Pension scheme
- Training allowance of up to £1000 per year
- £200 annual allowance for any home office need or improvement
- Onsite/video yoga classes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches (when in the office)
- Regular social gatherings with a monthly allowance for each employee
- Biannual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the word
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate. Also, please notify our team of your pronouns at any point in your application.
All interviews are expected to take place by phone or video.
Masabi’s flexible working policy will allow you to work fully remotely, or from one of our offices in London, Cluj, New York, Denver or Boston. The choice about where you work from will be largely made by you. Regardless of where you choose to work from, you will be allowed to work outside of the country of your employment for up to 3 months each year.
To find out more about who we are and how we work, please have a read about how our business reacted to the Covid pandemic: https://www.masabi.com/2021/08/02/emerging-stronger/