Staffbase is looking for a Head of Product Documentation to join and lead our Product Enablement team. The Product Enablement team focuses on educating and empowering our customers and internal stakeholders to use our product. The team ensures that all stakeholders understand our growing product offering and take full advantage of it through public documentation and internal learning resources.
As the Head of Product Documentation, your focus will be on guiding and growing a diverse team of specialists for product content & documentation writing, technical writing, instructional design, as well as supporting the continuous growth of the craft at Staffbase. You and your team will be at the forefront of establishing industry leading internal learnings hubs, public support portals, professional release note management and more.
Together with your team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the documentation and release communication for all our products is concise, correct and easy to understand.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Lead, support, hire and mentor a growing team of high-calibre Technical & Content Writers
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration by improving and defining processes that align with the growing number of our product teams and product offering
- Partner with Product Management, Product Operations, Product Design, Learning and Development, as well as Product Marketing to further ensure cross-functional collaboration
- Develop, implement, monitor, and improve the content strategy for all team deliverables, like the Support Portal, internal Knowledge Base resources, Release Notes, Changelog
- Establish and promote an outcome-focused way of working, mentor and help grow your team, helping them refine their skills by providing continuous feedback and guidance
- Create practices or implement tools that keep documentation up to date and easily discoverable
- Support the creation and reviewing of documentation, release, and internal enablement resources to provide a seamless experience for all stakeholders
- Act as an advocate for good technical documentation throughout the company and collaborate with other product teams to adopt best practices or processes to scale product documentation.
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English – ideally you are also conversational in German
- Outstanding presentation skills, communication and rapport building capabilities
- Proven experience in structured writing, team editing and content strategies for product documentation
- Proven experience in enablement, including structured writing for internal and external stakeholders, with a strong affinity for tech-related topics
- Proven experience in leading, managing and mentoring a diverse team of technical writers in a SaaS environment, ideally for a B2B product with fast growing teams
- Experience with technical writing tools and workflows as well as an understanding of the tools and processes used for agile product management, product design
- Experience working in SaaS B2B start-ups and agile development processes, where strong documentation is key to product success, is a plus
- Experience with remote work, especially in collaboration with teams across countries and time zones