Take full ownership of South Africa’s biggest B2C marketplace for home services – kandua.com
Kandua is a mission-driven tech startup. We build easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com – which you will run – is South Africa’s #1 online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team. We’ve made over R400 million in work opportunities and 100 000 jobs possible for vetted Pros – and we’re just getting started. Learn more about Kandua here.
The B2C marketplace is the tip of Kandua’s spear (the rest of the shaft being our newer B2B and SaaS offerings). It’s an intricate machine. Each of the 80+ services within each South African city presents a different market with different challenges. To optimize for the pro, the customer, and the business across each of them – we’ve deployed several different revenue models & a machine learning pricing engine.
We’re looking for a special someone to run this business, reporting directly to the CEO. That special someone is smart. They obsess over data. They keep asking why. They’re a highly organised planner. And they are extremely outcome oriented.
Is it you we’re looking for?
- Grow our (your?) B2C business’s revenue
- Identify & then secure hires
- Manage the entire P+L of the unit.
- Developing (with other business leads) a business strategy and an associated budget
- Devise (and update) a long term strategic product vision in line with business objectives
- Manage (hold accountable, mentor and mould) a team of both internal and external staff (5-10 people) to execute on strategies
- Create and then execute on clear w a well communicated roadmaps
- Design and execute tight experiments with clear takeaways
- Create & monitor running processes that allow for:
- Product building: eg Excellent user research, strong collaboration with technology and data teams
- Growth “Hacking”: experimentation culture and mindset embedded within the team
- Reporting: Acute understanding and optimising unit economics
- Reporting: organised and deliberate information flow within teams and between units such that everyone can feel a clear pulse of kandua.com. Furthermore, answers to questions should always be well within reach
If you’re one of the few who satisfy all of that, you’re likely a:
- Seasoned product manager at a high-growth scale-up or FAANG
- Management consultant with deep experience in digital
- Tech founder