Head of Product – ITV News
200 Grays Inn Road, London & Hybrid (Moving to ITV White City in 2023)
Why you should join us…
We are a digitally-led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever, and however they choose.
ITV Streaming is the home of the ITV Hub and will be the home of ITVx as 2022 draws to a close. It is the group of talented teams working together to deliver a first-class streaming & on demand experience to our range of global consumers.
We are seeking a Head of Product: ITV News to focus on bringing our iconic & reputable news brand into the world of modern streaming services & on-demand products.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a Head of Product role across products in which millions of people engage with everyday. Plus, you’ll work for one of the UK’s most recognisable & respected news brands, ITV News.
In a world of mis-information, millions of viewers turn to ITV News, on TV and digital platforms, for trusted and balanced journalism. This role will work hand-in-glove with the ITV’s digital News team to shape products and services to meet business goals.
The Head of Product role is responsible for setting the strategic product direction. Working closely with key stakeholders from News, your job will be to grow the audience reach and frequency in order to maximise the PSB and commercial value. You’ll be responsible for building on the existing success of ITV News’ digital products helping to take them to the next level.
By working with us, you will also help build out the wider ITV vision to create the best digital experience for News. ITV is launching ITVX in 2022 and the person in this role will have the opportunity to help further shape the News proposition on ITVX.
So it’s a unique opportunity for someone with great experience & an ambitious appetite for product growth. You will be responsible for:
- The development and delivery of the product vision for ITV News digital products in line with ITV’s strategic objectives.
Building relationships with News and Editorial partners across ITV.
- Building relationships with other areas of ITV key to the successful delivery of our products and services.
- Active contribution to the development of product management best practice and the department’s collaborative culture.
Overall Responsibility & Purpose of the role:
- Create and own the long-term product vision for News. The vision should encompass objectives and key results and clearly communicate how it fits into the broader strategy of the business, brand and technology.
- Build and lead a team that can gather, define and prioritise requirements – work with architecture, engineering, and delivery teams to create a valuable, communicable delivery roadmap for the product area and work within the product budget.
- Clearly communicate the product strategy, plans, objectives and performance measures, progress against plans and budget to all interested and invested parties – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
- Work with non-product teams such as marketing or business development to ensure effective communication of new or improved capabilities to audiences and partners.
Enthusiasm, curiosity and a passion for product
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Deep & Broad understanding of UK and International News landscape as it is today and how it is likely to evolve in the coming years with IP distribution playing a larger role in how ITV viewers consume ITV content.
- A passionate digital product leader with experience in an audience-led, digital-first company.
- An innovator with a proven track record of managing and launching new features, products and services.
- Refined & expert negotiation, organisation, and facilitation skills.
- An excellent presenter with amazing outcome-based meeting skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to break down silos and get the job done.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- You are great at translating between the business and technical teams, bridging the communication gap.
- You are capable of working within an agile team and assisting with day to day product management across multiple teams.
- Ability to define a product strategy driven by viewer/user needs
- Ability to present and be challenged on product strategy and defend product decisions across internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery, management and ongoing improvement of consumer-facing products.
- Demonstrable experience of using analytics and audience research to uncover and investigate user behaviour; to establish insight into product performance and to use this data to drive ideas, features and product improvements.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge, market awareness, audience research and analytics insights to product strategy and planning.
- An understanding of the relevant technologies and practices (e.g. client and server-side technologies, new media technologies, and platforms, agile software delivery) and software engineering processes and practices.
Interested ? Apply today!
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything via the talkingcareers email at ITVjobs.
Closing Date: Monday 6th June 2022
Find out more about our benefits via the ‘Why join us’ page at ITVjobs.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.