TL;DR: Amazing product designer for groundbreaking fintech start-up for first-time buyers. £45-75k
Ask any twenty-something in London, and they will tell you the lack of access to homeownership is at epidemic proportions. Spiralling house prices, combined with increased cost of living and stagnant wages has created a generation of renters with little-to-no prospect of ownership.
Even’s mission is to End Generation Rent. With two million fewer young homeowners than there was a generation ago, this is no small goal. To begin tackling it, we’ve made the UK’s only interest-free equity loan to help first-time buyers onto the property ladder.
We’re looking for a designer who is up for the challenge of leading a generation-defining brand and product experience for our customers; first-time buyers and mortgage brokers.
Our Product Designer will be excited to work with our excellent product and engineering team to build customer-oriented products. We need somebody who can not only contribute to improving our products and nail complex customer interactions, but who also wants to help define what design can mean in an ambitious organisation. There is also potential to lead the team as it grows.
What you’ll be up to
On a day-to-day basis you will…
- See product development through from beginning to end. You’ll have a part to play in the whole process from research, through to ideation, iteration, testing, and refinement
- Work alongside an inclusive, diverse team of engineers to get new products into the hands of our customers
- Contribute to our visual language and design systems to ensure a consistent and beautiful brand experience across all our products
- Engage with stakeholders across the business and relate to their goals and concerns
- Build prototypes to test your assumptions and make sure our products are best placed to delight customers from day one
- Conduct research with the understanding that you may often be proven wrong, with an aim to continually grow your capacity for empathy with our customers and colleagues
The right person
- You can easily empathise with our customers and understand the gravity of making a real difference to their financial future
- You are able to justify and articulate your design decisions and strive to do so in clear and simple terms that others will understand
- You check your ego at the door and are always keen to incorporate ideas from across the organisation to design products everyone can be proud of
- You know when to push for quality and when to compromise to get projects over the finish line and into the hands of our customers
- You enjoy working in a scrappy start-up environment where your skills can be applied to any and all aspects of the business
- You feel at home when designing with Figma but are curious to use other tools and processes if it helps to express your intentions
- You’re a self-starter, you understand the company’s strategy and priorities and are capable of defining and developing creative solutions to get there
What you’ll get
- Salary between £45k and £75k per annum based on experience
- Work with a team of lovely, smart, ambitious people who are all passionate about our mission
- Generous options grant with further options awarded at reviews depending on performance
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Private health insurance with 50% gym discounts & more
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday off + 2 learnings days per year
- Flexible working location and hours, you’d never be expected to spend more than 2 days a week in our Farringdon office
- £1,000 personal development budget per year
- Generous maternity package, 16 full weeks pay
- Generous paternity package, 4 weeks paternity leave
- Monthly team social events
Even is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Fairness is at the heart of what we do, and that extends to our team. We’ll always do our best to be inclusive, but if you spot something we could do better, we’re all ears. Not literally, of course.