As a member of a fun and close-knit Product Management team, you will understand user behavior, analyze data, identify trends, create strategies, lead cross-functional programs, measure impact, and drive wide-scale product implementation. You will collaborate with best-in-class designers and engineers who build leading educational technology solutions using latest technology such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will partner with Sales and Marketing to establish solid go-to market strategies for new and/or existing products in a time of rapid growth and acceleration. Our Product Managers are the leaders and public champions of our products who help bring the Edmentum strategy and vision to life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Lead the development of creative, high-quality product road maps for Edmentum’s assessment solution suite; align product strategy to Edmentum’s organizational vision
• Leads a cross-functional work group that translates corporate/business strategy into product strategy. Assume end-to-end responsibility for the strategic value, usability, and performance of our digital products
• Understand and manage the profitability and performance of products using financial metrics (AOV, ROI, CAGR, etc…), other quantitative measures, and qualitative feedback
• Perform market research and analysis regarding state, district, school and classroom assessment strategies; translate findings into actionable and outcomes-based roadmap to drive adoption of Edmentum’s assessment solutions
• Establish a shared vision across the organization by building a consensus on priorities to make for highly productive execution.
• Represent Edmentum its mission professionally and appropriately internally, in public, with media, and at industry-related events.
• Work closely with Edmentum assessment designers and psychometricians, product owners, designers, and stakeholders in an agile environment to translate the business vision into delightful features and functionality
• Collaborate with marketing team to create go-to-market strategies that include marketing tactics to create brand and product awareness in the market.
• Maintain a deep understanding of our product(s), including its features and functionality to identify new opportunities for growth.
• Analyze assessment educational market, state and district assessment adoptions, and lead a competitive strategy that will synthesis of appropriate data, including primary and secondary market research, customer feedback, sales and market data, product evaluations, services feedback and industry network.
• Proactively analyze and provide resolution to both strategic and tactical opportunities to improve products to meet market demands for now as well as into the future.
• Maintains business acumen, product knowledge, and technical understanding by seeking opportunities for professional development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Inspirational, motivational, and results-based leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Deep understanding of educational assessments and interpretation of the results to drive effective classroom instructional models.
• Experience and deep knowledge of state policy and advocacy regarding Universal Screener, Benchmarks, Diagnostic, and other classroom assessments.
• Understanding of accountability systems and ESSA requirements for states and district assessment adoption.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, education, computer science or an equivalent field required.
• 4+ years of experience in product management experience working with state, district and classroom assessment strategies to measure student achievement
• Prior experience in guiding teams in a highly matrixed, highly cross-functional organization.
• Experience interacting with customers, strategic partners, and cross-functional groups to understand market and business needs
• Experience in leading without authority by building relationships
• Knowledgeable in agile product methodologies and development of artifacts such as epic and feature statements, functional requirements, user and personas journey mapping and product roadmap
• The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that encourages experimentation, obsesses over product users, measures success based on outcomes and fosters collaboration to solve problems
• Ability to interpret and analyze company and product line financial statements and make tangible and P&L-based recommendations and action plans to grow and maintain product lines
• Willingness to travel (estimated up to 30%)
This role is open to any location in the US. Per the CO State requirement (EPT Rules): minimum salary of $77,400. The actual rate of pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Disability, PTO and Holiday Pay, Volunteer Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, FSA & HSA Accounts, 401(k), Flexible Work Environment, Tuition Reimbursement.