Cookpad’s mission is to make everyday cooking fun. We believe we can build a better world through encouraging more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives.
We are already the largest recipe sharing community in the world with more than 100m monthly users across the globe. And we’ve only just started.
We have recently moved our international headquarters to Bristol and are looking for smart and innovative product managers who believe passionately in our mission and have the ambition to want to work on something extraordinary. You will be joining a team of high calibre product leaders led by Director of Product, Anthony Sullivan, former Director of Product at both the Guardian and BBC News.
As a Head of Product reporting to the Director of Product, you will be responsible for leading a key strategic work stream in creating and delivering world class digital experiences that will be used and enjoyed my millions of people around the World.
In your role, you will lead, inspire, engage and collaborate with a range of colleagues across UX, Engineering, Marketing, Community Management and Partnerships.
What we expect from you
- An obsessive focus on audiences which will translate to creating world class products that meet and exceed our users’ needs.
- The ability to lead and inspire a cross functional team of Designers and Engineers.
- You will set and expect consistently high standards in Product Management practices. This includes analytics, insights and rapid prototyping and testing.
- Be an outstanding team player
- Embrace a “buck stops here” attitude. Be an energetic self starter with a restless appetite to find and deliver real value
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate several years experience in:
Product development excellence
- A track record of leading teams to create great products across a range of platforms including mobile.
- You can cite clear, multiple examples of how you’ve synthesised audience needs from market research, customer insights, analytics, and competitive insights to deliver successful products in partnership with UX and engineering. You will be experienced in working in an Agile environment.
- Thinking obsessively about how to drive greater positive impact, and maintain clear performance metrics and dashboards. You can show how you set objectives and track them in transparent, measurable ways.
Leadership & communication skills
- You are a motivated self starter. You do not wait to be asked but are proactive in driving your group forward.
- You have experience in hiring and developing product managers.
- You are effective at creating effective partnerships across a wide range of stakeholders, both across the organisation and externally.
- You are organised and able to communicate clearly at an operational level with delivery teams as well as at a strategic level with senior leaders. Professional proficiency in English is required.