About Spark Networks & our Products
Online dating is one of the most fascinating fields in tech. It combines the most fundamental of human psychology with some of the most advanced methods of technology. Our customer problems are diverse, their behaviors are complex, and the marketplace dynamics are unique. If done with care and insights, it results in no less than human’s most basic desire: love.
Spark Networks (NASDAQ: LOV) is a leading global dating company with a mission to be “the spark that ignites meaningful relationships”. We operate a portfolio of online dating apps and sites that appeal to multiple target customer demographics and special interests, but with a common purpose of helping our customers find love and establish long term relationships. It is a noble cause that gives us energy, direction and focus.
Some of our more popular brands include Zoosk, EliteSingles, SilverSingles and Christian Mingle. Most of our customers located in English speaking markets including USA, Canada, UK and Australia. We are a global company with offices in Berlin, New York and Utah.
Spark Networks is a successful subscription business with huge opportunities for innovation and growth. At our core, we are a consumer technology company and the role of product management is playing an increasingly central role in driving the company’s success.
Our Product Group (Product Management, Design, Data & Engineering) operates as cross functional lean & agile teams with a moderate level of maturity. With experienced new leaders joining recently, we are on a path towards being an empowered, customer focused and outcome driven organization.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team. You will move the Zoosk platform forward and develop our product strategy. You will help build a high-performance culture and organization to execute on it and drive both customer and business outcomes.
The ideal candidate would have most of the following:
• Has solid hands-on experience as a Product Manager. You have been “in the trenches” and have a track record of delivering products that customers love.
• You have a disciplined and structured approach to delivering customer outcomes. You operate under a set of guiding principles influenced by industry thought leaders such as Marty Cagan, Eric Ries and Terresa Torres.
• You have extensive experience using qualitative methods for product development. You know how to run these, process the data generated, and turn them into impactful features.
• You are a data driven and a highly analytical problem solver who can dig into the root causes of a problem and apply first principles thinking. You are comfortable with numbers and have a strong knowledge of product analytics. You are able to grasp complex data concepts in the search, recommendations, and algorithm fields.
• You have a growth mindset. Using OKRs and KPIs is second nature for you and you know how to focus on impactful work.
• You can take an initiative from idea to execution, implementing best practices along the product development lifecycle, resulting in products customers love and driving business impact
• You are highly curious and intellectually rigorous combined with empathy and emotional maturity. You have the courage to be bold and make difficult decisions.
While formal education and a university degree is useful, we acknowledge that great product managers might come from any background. We appreciate applications from anyone with a proven track record.
Spark Networks supports diversity in its workplace and all genders and ethnicities are encouraged to apply. We can also provide work visa and relocation support to Germany for highly qualified candidates if required.
HYBRID APPROACH TO WORK
We believe in the magic of human interaction – not only when it comes to finding the love of your life but also when it comes to finding the team or colleague of your life. We hence have employees coming to our vibrant Berlin office space twice a week to network, enjoy social events, collaborate with other teams, brainstorm, innovate, and feel the magic of Spark. No Zoom Call can replace a whiteboard full of ideas or a drink with colleagues, right? For the remainder of the week, employees are free to choose where they would like to work from and what space caters best to their strengths and needs.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- Massages in the office
- Urban Sports Club (subsidized membership)
- Weekly online Yoga, Zumba classes and Back course
- Calm App & Mindful Movement
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- In-house German language class or Babbel subscription
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Learning & Development programs with external and internal trainers, and digital offers
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Remote work outside Germany is possible for up to 1 month
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (public transport)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands