Spark Networks SE is a global dating company with an ever-growing portfolio of premium and freemium apps. Zoosk, our biggest brand, welcomes 40 million singles to its platform and is available in 80+ countries and translated into 25 languages. Our other brands focus on age or religious beliefs – like Silver Singles for the over 50s, Christian Mingle and Jdate for Christian and Jewish communities.
We have multiple brands and target audiences, but our mission remains the same – to help singles all around the world find love and have fun along the way. To us, the journey is just as important as the destination, so we pride ourselves on making sure our users remain engaged, happy, and satisfied throughout their Spark experience.
Spark Networks is a successful subscription business with huge opportunities for innovation and growth. At our core, we are a consumer technology company and the role of product management is playing an increase part in driving the company’s success.
Our Product Group (Product Management, Design, Data & Engineering) operates as cross-functional lean & agile teams with a moderate level of maturity. We are looking for an experienced product leader to join our team.
- You will develop our product strategy across our portfolio of global dating brands and build a high-performance culture and organization to execute on it and drive both customer and business outcomes.
Competencies we are looking for:
- You have a solid hands-on experience as a Product Manager. You have been “in the trenches” and have a track record of delivering products that customers love.
- You have a disciplined and structured approach to delivering customer outcomes. You operate under a set of guiding principles influenced by industry thought leaders such as Marty Cagan, Eric Ries and Terresa Torres.
- You are data-driven and a highly analytical problem solver who can dig into the root causes of a problem and apply first principles thinking. You are comfortable with numbers and have a strong knowledge of product analytics.
- You have a depth of knowledge about lean and agile principles to work collaboratively in autonomous cross-functional teams with high levels of trust.
- You have previous leadership and people management experience. You understand how to build a high-performance organization that is empowered and outcome-focused.
- You are highly curious and intellectually rigorous combined with empathy and emotional resilience. You have the courage to be bold and make difficult decisions.
- You have a growth mindset. You are actively learning and encouraging your team to continuously improve and develop their careers.
- You have developed a broader strategic and commercial perspective to ensure that products are able to thrive in a competitive environment
- Experience in creating, executing and accountable for a multi-year product vision and strategy, and the patience to work with multiple competing stakeholders and priorities to deliver value to customers
- 3+ years of experience in leading, hiring, organizing and mentoring product management teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and problem-solving skills
- Be meticulous in the details but bold in your vision
- Formal education and a university degree are useful, but we appreciate applications from anyone with a proven track record. Experience in a highly customer-centric company, ideally in the dating industry, gaming or social discovery is a plus.
While formal education and a university degree is useful, we acknowledge that great product managers might come from any background. We appreciate applications from anyone with a proven track record.
The role has multiple direct reports and reports up to the Chief Product Officer (Kenneth Chin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kennethchin/)
HYBRID APPROACH TO WORK
We believe in the magic of human interaction – not only when it comes to finding the love of your life but also when it comes to finding the team or colleague of your life. We hence have employees coming to our vibrant Berlin office space twice a week to network, enjoy social events, collaborate with other teams, brainstorm, innovate, and feel the magic of Spark. No Zoom Call can replace a whiteboard full of ideas or a drink with colleagues, right? For the remainder of the week, employees are free to choose where they would like to work from and what space caters best to their strengths and needs.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- In-house massages
- Urban Sports Club (subsidized membership)
- Weekly online Yoga, Zumba classes and Back course
- Calm App & Mindful Movement
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Online German language class (A1) or Babbel subscription for all other levels (6 months)
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Learning & Development programs with external and internal trainers, and digital offers
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Relocation support (visa and registration)
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (5% discount for annual BVG public transport ticket)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands