Novata is a public benefit corporation created and funded by a unique consortium of foundations and private sector companies including the Ford Foundation, the Omidyar Network, S&P Global, and Hamilton Lane. We are a for-profit, mission-driven company with the goal of empowering the private markets to build a more inclusive and sustainable form of capitalism. By bringing together the brightest minds in financial data, private equity, social justice and inclusive capitalism, we aim to build the best technology and tools for the private markets to better collect, analyze, benchmark and report ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) data. We have an experienced and diverse team who are as ambitious about growing a successful company as we are about making an impact.
About the Team
We’re a team of 4 Product Managers, with a range of previous experiences, working with around 30 engineers and digital specialists of mixed disciplines and experience distributed across the UK and US. We’re strong believers in the principles of agile, so we work in small cycles and regularly reflect on our processes making changes where necessary to improve outcomes and effectiveness.
About the Role
This role sits inside our Product and Engineering team, where you’ll be embedded into one of our squads working on expanding the feature set of our ESG data and reporting platform. You’ll have a chance to get involved early in our product’s development, helping to shape and steer our platform’s roadmap
- Be our first Product Manager in the US
- Participate in customer meetings, and do independent research to deeply understand our customers and define product requirements
- Work cross-functionally across engineering, design and commercial teams to design and ship solutions
- Own and manage the backlog and roadmap for your area of responsibility. Prioritize between large initiatives, smaller enhancements, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communication for product releases.
- 3+ years Product Management experience (or related experience in an early-stage start-up) – we value mindset and ways of thinking, over experience or existing knowledge
- 3+ years working within an agile software development framework
- Excellent communication (be concise, summarize effectively) and leadership skills
- Good judgment, and aren’t afraid to make decisions and act with purpose and intention to progress Novata’s goals, whilst understanding which battles to pick when it comes to business objectives versus technical limitations
- Great product sense – showing empathy and creativity to consistently be able to craft products (or make changes to existing products) that have the intended impact on their users
- Experience in the finance, environmental, sustainability or regulatory domain (desired but not essential)
- Work at a startup which has significant backing and the potential to be a game changer across multiple industries
- Full support for remote work, with access to an office in Manhattan
- Robust health benefits packages (medical, dental and vision plan)
- Paid leave
- Candidates must be in the US East Coast time zone to maximize the overlap with the UK
- Candidate must be able to commute to the New York office on a periodic basis
- This position is not eligible for H1B or other work visa sponsorships.