Permanent Full time
Office Location: Grays Inn Road, London (Hybrid working available)
Closing date: 6th June 2022
Why you should join us…
We are a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose
ITV Streaming is the home of the ITV Hub and will be the home of ITVx as 2022 draws to a close. It is the group of talented teams working together to deliver a first-class streaming & on demand experience to our range of global consumers.
We currently have a great opportunity to work in a Head of Product role within this team. This role will be pivotal to helping one of the UK’s most recognisable brands launch a career defining new product to the market – ITVX. Launching in 2022, ITV X will combine AVOD with SVOD and incorporate Live and FAST channels to create a truly unique proposition to the UK market.
Within this role, you will be working on amazing products and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow. You will work closely in partnership with the Product, Streaming, Technology & Content Supply and Distribution teams and a range of internal stakeholders including editorial, marketing & broadcast technology.
Some Key responsibilities of this role include:
- The development and delivery on the platform product vision for a set of products and services in line with ITVX’s strategic objectives.
- Building relationships with all video stakeholders inside ITV and also in partner platforms to ensure ITVX delivers a quality video experience for viewers everywhere.
- Building relationships in other areas of ITV key to the successful delivery of our products and services.
- Active contribution to the development of product management best practice and the department’s collaborative culture.
- Create and own the long term product vision for the VideoExperience. The vision should encompass objectives and key results and clearly communicate how it fits into the broader strategy of the business, brand and technology.
- Clearly communicate the product strategy, plans, objectives and performance measures, progress against plans and budget to all interested and invested parties – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- A Deep understanding of the Video landscape for streaming & VOD platforms & services as it is today and how it is likely to evolve in the coming years with video over IP playing a larger role in how ITV viewers consume ITV content.
- A deep understanding of what takes to deliver an amazing video playback experience, beautifully designed and truly engaging. Ideally with a strong appreciation of the complexities of device diversity.
- An appreciation and understanding of the full stack video journey from content supply, package and protect, content distribution through to on product playout
- An understanding of the relevant technologies and practices (e.g. client and server-side technologies, new media technologies and platforms, agile software delivery) and software engineering processes and practices.
- Experience in leading and nurturing a product team to deliver business results.
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery, management and ongoing improvement of consumer-facing products.
- Demonstrable experience of using analytics and audience research to uncover and investigate user behaviour; to establish insight into product performance and to use this data to drive ideas, features and product improvements.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Ability to demonstrate the use of QoS metrics to continually improve the video experience for viewers.
- As a passionate digital product leader who has experience in an audience led, digital first company.
- An innovator with a proven track record of managing and launching new features, products and services.
- Strong negotiation, organisation and facilitation skills. An excellent presenter with strong outcome based meeting skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to break down silos and get the job done.
- Capability of working within an agile team and assisting with day to day product management across multiple teams.
- Ability to define a product strategy driven by viewer/user needs
- Ability to present and be challenged on product strategy and defend product decisions across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge, market awareness, audience research and analytics insights to product strategy and planning.
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything… our email is email@example.com. Find out more here
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.