Why are we looking for you?
Founded thirteen years ago as a forum for people newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MSers), the charity Shift.ms is repositioning itself as a digital product for disease management and improved quality of life.
Shift.ms is looking for an inspirational, hands-on leader for a six month contract to:
– refine our ambitious product vision
– put the frameworks and roadmap in place to achieve it
– grow, manage and coach our team of Product Managers, and UX and UI designers
– work alongside our fractional CTO to initiate development
before stepping away.
Shift.ms is the social network for people with multiple sclerosis (MSers) which aims to support the recently diagnosed. The organisation is currently a team of twelve working predominantly across the UK, and the community – www.Shift.ms – has over 43,000 members from all over the world.
- Product vision & strategy
– Refine and own the two-year vision of the Shift.ms product, aligning it with the charity’s strategy in close collaboration with the CEO, senior management team
– Define and communicate the product strategy, balancing exploring unmet needs in the multiple sclerosis community through opportunities such as our innovative ‘MSer-led Health Education’ programme, while improving engagement and scaling our core ‘Digital Peer Support’ programme
- Product lifecycle management
– Develop and lead a prioritisation framework to deliver the vision
– Oversee the seamless integration of Shift.ms’ two core programmes, Digital Peer Support and MSer-led Education
– Work with Community, UX and Impact team members to ensure MSers are embedded across the full length of the development cycle, and that product development remains needs-driven
– Leverage data from various sources to holistically understand engagement and impact on quality of life, and relentlessly improve product performance
– Oversee product dashboards and reporting to seek continuous improvement
– Support product managers in product road mapping and MSer research
– Work closely with the CTO to define the technical vision for Shift.ms
– Drive the development of our web and mobile apps and back end tools, and support Tech Leads in the release planning and development processes. Guide technology decisions when facing trade-offs
– Work with CTO to oversee service mesh of web and mobile apps
– Support product managers and technology team of engineers to deliver Shift.ms’ data-driven requirements
- Product culture and team development
– Lead by doing; Shift.ms is a small charity where everyone rolls their sleeves up and has an input. Your role will balance strategy with working directly with the Product team on a day-to-day basis
– Reinforce a thriving product culture that leads to impactful solutions and fosters innovative ideas. You create a safe-to-fail environment where people are encouraged to come up with new ideas and solutions, whilst you mitigate organisational risks
– Motivate the Product operational area with goals, and coach them in the day-to-day delivery, helping them to deliver tangible impact
– Develop the Product operational area through your involvement in both hiring a diverse team and accelerating talent development
– Advocate for the needs of the Product operational area as part of a senior management team
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in leading a team to take web or mobile app products to market
- Technical background or extensive experience with the technical side of product development processes
- A determination to improve lives through technology
- Evidence of using data to identify opportunities, review performance, and support decisions
- Hands-on leadership skills, happy to mentor and coach junior members of staff in the product team
- Strong communication skills, and are able to present strategies clearly and concisely
Experience working within the health tech and digital health sector is a big plus.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, with flexibility in when these are worked
Contract: Six months
Location: UK. We offer a selection of working environments including hybrid, fully remote or office-based. Our offices are based in Leeds and London. Regardless of working location, we expect monthly travel to these offices.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We’re looking for the best candidate based on the value they can add. Our culture is hugely important to us and we welcome applicants of all race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. We encourage all candidates who believe they have the required skills and experience to apply.