Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is looking for a Sr. Director of Product Management to join our Product team. In this role, you will be shaping (and delivering!) the future of edge cloud computing.
You will lead a team responsible for product strategy, lifecycle management and execution of the the core edge platform and applications. Strong judgment and communication skills, deep technical skills and continuous focus on product, engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
You will be required to hire and develop great people. You will be expected to have relentlessly high standards (and never be satisfied with the status quo) and deliver a delightful experience to our customers. Eventually you will be the product expert on all customer-facing systems & functionality. You will drive the strategy and roadmap process with executives, founders & the company. You should also be able to execute methodically, have the ability to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business.
You will be measured by the overall performance of our products, which will include; product performance, stability and strong adoption (& renewal/upsell) by customers. Your passion and ability to influence across different stakeholders is critical to your success.
- Lead world-class product managers and work closely with other partner stakeholders (marketing, merchandising, legal, finance) – providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision for product launches
- Lead development of the product roadmap for the portfolio
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
- Make feature, schedule and cost trade-offs during product planning, feature implementation and live operation and communicate in real time to key stakeholders.
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics
- Partner tightly with the engineering teams to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
- Participate in customer-facing & industry events and user conferences as a product expert/leader
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- 5+ years experience managing teams of product managers.
- 10+ years of relevant product management and leadership experience.
- Experience as a Product Manager for a cloud-based/SaaS product
- Degree in Computer Science a plus, strong technical acumen required
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not “one size fits all”. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.