Job Description Summary:
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a passionate Product Management professional for the role of Sr Product Manager in our Developer Platform & Experiences organization. Our organization builds frameworks and platform services for the rest of PayPal engineers. Our products enable PayPal engineers to be productive and build products to achieve our overall mission – Democratize Financial Services for everyone”
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has a great blend of technical, business and leadership traits to transform our internal developer services ecosystem.
Like any cloud service provider, PayPal provides a variety of framework and platform products to our internal developer community. This visionary product leader must have a proven track record of thinking systemically and be able to truly understand what it means to manage a platform that produces a superior user experience based on the collective contributions of many service providers. Besides excellent product management execution skills and experience, this person must have a deep understanding and passion for what is important for developers to do their jobs free of friction and unnecessary overhead. They must also be tireless advocates and community builders of both the supply and demand sides of the network ecosystem.
- This is an individual contributor role that is responsible for entirely owns developer facing product enabling the success and productivity of all PayPal developers and the business.
- Develop a deep emotional and technical understanding of the pains and challenges in the developer community and be their number one champion in driving continuous improvement.
- Own the vision of the developer frameworks and platforms, including key capabilities that provide step-change impact on the overall developer experience.
- Embrace and lead an Agile team of highly engaged engineers through transparency, trust, collaboration, and humility.
- Bring a strong industry perspective that can help shape and evolve the internal PayPal developer experience to be as good as or better than public cloud offerings.
- Personal experience as a developer, including a well-informed opinion of the developer mindset and what’s most important to their success.
- 5+ years of product management experience owning a product roadmap and successfully launching developer frameworks, and platform products to market.
- Able to constructively advance opinionated perspective, well-informed by industry and customer analysis, to all levels of organization.
- Very high EQ and ability to empathize and communicate with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Is precise in thinking, communication, and tactical execution.
- Exhibit strong writing skills and executive presence.
- Practices extreme ownership.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Believes having fun is essential to success.
- Track record of relentless customer development.
- Good understanding and well-informed opinion of the open-source developer frameworks public cloud infrastructure product offerings.
- Ability to think and communicate at multiple levels, from conceptual product architecture to minute implementation details at the same time.