Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll lead a cross-functional team to deliver on Openly’s most critical objectives as we rebuild the insurance product experience for our customers and agents. You’ll build a strategic roadmap to achieve key results, and you’ll collaborate closely with teammates and stakeholders to execute that plan.
- This role will be leading Product Development for all the billing and payment aspects of our organization.
- Outline key KPIs that ladder up to ultimate OKRs that should be focused on and driven
- Define product strategy and roadmap to drive critical business outcomes
- Understand user experience and needs, and balance this with prioritization
- Prioritize initiatives/features that will maximize KPIs
- Identify operational/functional needs and users and prioritize process and technology improvements that will optimize their results
- Plan and coordinate operational activities required for execution
- Ensure change management (e.g., release notes, training, etc.) occurs to optimize improvements
- Maintain and groom backlog with the cross-functional team for product updates
- Plan and coordinate software shipments and process changes
- Understand and clearly communicate functional opportunities and challenges in executing on the roadmap
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of product and releases
- Excellent Communication – effectively, concisely, and consistently communicates to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Great Collaboration – motivates and inspires cross-functionally and can lead/influence teammates from various backgrounds.
- Ability to see the big picture – understands company strategy and translates it into product vision and roadmap.
- Data-driven decision-making – incorporate data, customer research, and market analysis to prioritize at a fast pace.
- Customer centricity – enjoys learning about customer needs and is excited to build great products.
- Comfort with ambiguity – effectively manages uncertainty, can drive prioritization at a fast pace with incomplete information.
- Consistent and thorough execution – hits metric milestones while balancing competing priorities and staying within guard-rail metrics.
- Experience driving positive business outcomes and collaborating well in cross-functional teams/projects or shipping software products
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.