We’re looking for an experienced researcher, an advocate with leadership skills to build out the user research function at MindGym in collaboration with another user researcher.
This will include things like leading the user research strategy, establishing a community of practice and working with other disciplines to transform the mindset towards evidence-based decisions to meet the needs of our users worldwide.
This role will suit you if you’re ready to take on a challenge and have experience of establishing best practices and robust user research processes in less digitally mature organizations. Potentially progression to Head of User Research as we are looking to scale our user research function over time.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a user research strategy, roadmap and vision for research at MindGym
- Advocating for the needs of our coaches, users and clients at a senior level, balancing this with demands from the business
- Transforming mindset using evidence to drive decision making, working with behavioural science measurement, product and data teams
- Setting direction for user research, such as creating a pipeline/prioritisation process across 2-3 programmes of work
- Working with other discipline leads to establish responsibilities and effective ways of working in mission teams
- Establishing a user research community of practice
- Overseeing Research Operations and continuous improvement of our tools, methodologies and processes
- Championing inclusive research, ethics and accessible design
- Line managing and developing other researchers in the team
- Experience working as a user researcher at a senior level in the context of a digital delivery/product team
- Excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Great at building relationships and bringing people together across teams
- Comfortable with and experienced at overseeing multiple programmes of work
- Can effectively prioritise and lead a user research strategy
- Familiar and enjoy working with less digitally mature organisations
- Established new research teams before
- An interest in learning, development and coaching/mentoring space
- Line management experience