We are Saiga
We believe that people spend too much time on mind-numbing tasks and life admin. That’s where Saiga steps in. We are building Saiga for a world where everyone can dedicate their time to the things that really matter – be it spending more time with family and friends or simply getting that one extra hour of sleep.
Saiga will radically and fundamentally change how we manage our lives by becoming a personal assistant for the entire administrative and bureaucratic life of people and their households. We use machine learning and UX magic to turn admin into a joyful and positive experience – or at the very least, get it done.
Saiga was founded by Karl Moritz Hermann who was previously CEO of the AI research company Dark Blue Labs (sold to Google) and a senior staff researcher at Google DeepMind. We are backed by some of Europe’s most ambitious VCs and experienced Angel investors, giving us the runway and support to build a category-defining and impactful company.
As a product-led company, your product management work will be central to the success of Saiga. Your job is to ensure we place the right guardrails on our path to finding product-market fit. Together with your engineering and design counterparts, you mitigate the full range of product risks (value, viability, usability, feasibility). Focused on outcomes you minimise effort and make sure winning solutions can be built efficiently and iteratively.
You will join the Operator Excellence Squad with the mission to create an experience that enables our operations team to do their best work.
This position is full-time and based at our HQ in Berlin.
- Define an ambitious action plan — In line with our overarching product vision, set the mission and strategy for your product area and squad in order to boost growth through automation and user delight.
- Drive outcomes over outputs — Success in this role is directly measured by impact on business outcomes. Enable this level of outcome-driven decision-making. Define KPIs and baseline outcomes for the area of the product your squad is responsible for.
- Facilitate effective product discovery and delivery — Together with design and engineering, define how we set hypotheses and test them with prototypes. Down the line, make your team more efficient by setting up functioning processes for delivering a working product in a reasonable amount of time.
- Inspire and evangelise successes and failures — Effectively communicate what your team does, why they do it, and how it adds value to the company. Generate buy-in on approach and ensure coordination across our 3 squads as well as with operations and marketing. Foster a psychologically safe environment where people are experimental, collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Facilitate insights and ideation — Develop a deep understanding of our market and user needs. Use data (qualitative and quantitative) to identify and prioritise opportunities and solutions.
- Advocate for cross-team initiatives — Because the work you do is so central to the success of Saiga, you will be expected to serve as a thought leader championing cross-team initiatives particularly with our team of assistants operating our product.
- Establish a product culture – You help us build a strong product culture at Saiga and mentor and support more junior PMs with their professional growth.
- PM practice in an agile, cross-functional environment — You’ve worked in an x-functional product development team, delivering value to customers or internal teams with 5+ years of experience.
- A scientific mindset — You have a tendency to be curious and analytical. You blend data with a deep understanding of user needs and habits and use experimentation to get to the truth.
- Bias to action — You tend to crave results as quickly as possible. Generally, you prefer to improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets. This job is not about building a 2-3 year roadmap.
- Adaptable and flexible — You are comfortable being thrown into largely ambiguous environments and embrace the uncertainty that comes with such a state of flux.
- A team player at heart — You are an excellent networker and communicator able to ensure people are rowing in the same direction. You believe in the power of diversity of thought and perspective and are able to facilitate complex cross-functional discussions.
- A pioneer’s mind — You are a risk-taking front-liner excited about creating something brand new in the world. Experience of working in startups or on products from the point of inception is a plus.
- Love for tech and efficiency — You have a thorough understanding of software and are excited about our mission of automating private life admin. Experience working on back office tooling that require lots of integrations is a plus.
- Fluent English — You have excellent written and verbal English skills.
We know that box-ticking is dull and that nobody fits all the boxes. Even if not all of this applies to you, but you feel that you are right for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get at Saiga
In addition to a competitive salary and equity plan, the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Real responsibility and a steep learning curve.
- A seat at the table – be a genuine part of the team from day one.
- A diverse, international, supportive, and highly motivated team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. (Really!) We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage women and people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. We can help with immigration.
How to Apply
To apply just forward your LinkedIn or CV with a short note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to stand out, please add a short text describing an unusual bit of life admin that you have to deal with or an ingenious solution you have applied to some aspect of your regular admin work.
Our hiring process is reasonably streamlined (initial chat, case study, interviews with some people from the team, final conversation) and designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we’d be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.