The Product Manager is responsible to help lead the digital transformation of one of the leading metal distributors in North America. You will be responsible for the success of Part Manager, an online product that has allowed some of the largest organizations and manufacturers to procure over a billion dollars of metal over the past 3 years. This role will work closely to ensure our sales teams in North America, our development team in Berlin, and our customers throughout the world are aligned in achieving maximum digital efficiency via world-class e-commerce and supply-chain experiences.
– Product Management
- Be the point person for your product area and the subject matter expert for the organization.
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs to guide our development teams towards solutions.
Ensure a successful digital experience roadmap where maximum business value is created.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to scope and implement tools and processes for greater organizational efficiency internally.
- Analyze eCommerce KPIs and other site data to identify, size, and prioritize areas of improvement.
– Marketing / Change Management / Strategy
- Influence important partners within Kloeckner Global Organization to align intent, resources, and prioritization with e-Commerce initiatives.
- Work arm and arm with Commercial and MarCom teams on campaigns and initiatives that resonate with targeted market segments.
- Create and maintain compelling internal and external content including but not limited to presentations, product sheets, training tools, website content, and FAQs.
- Perform competitive analysis and future trends to guide decision-making.
- Report & Track product performance and project status to stakeholders.
– Customer Experience
- Ensure Customers’ have an optimal procurement experience by assisting with the adoption and support of Kloeckner’s Digital Offerings.
- Effectively liaise between customers and KMC by anticipating and resolving issues to ensure lasting relationships.
- Proactively and objectively seek customer feedback and measure customer sentiment.
- At least 2 to 5 years of professional experience, preferably in product management, supply chain, procurement, or marketing role.
- Digital & Business fluency to allow for effective communication between technical and non-tech savvy colleagues.
- Ability to educate and consult with customers and internal stakeholders in both remote and face-to-face settings.
Willingness to roll sleeves up and dive into disparate systems and data to deliver solutions.
- Self-starter who can operate with high levels of autonomy while valuing collaboration and transparency.
- Project management experience with an understanding of agile principles.
- Experience in B2B, Manufacturing, or Metals is valuable but not required.
- Team Player with a “make-it-happen” attitude.
10% Travel and ability to occasionally travel to Berlin if necessary